Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 2 Feb 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Any rumours about DDP for 2020 yet?

Anyone heard anything from a TA or friend of a friend about whether this will be offered for 2020 - or is there already a thread I can be directed to? Here's praying for the DDP!

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Nothing concrete...
I’ve booked and TA has said they don’t see any reason why it won’t be offered and don’t believe Star Wars would affect this... they have agreed to add it to my booking if / when released. But obviously there are no guarantees! Here’s hopin’!
Old 2 Feb 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Nothing concrete...
I’ve booked and TA has said they don’t see any reason why it won’t be offered and don’t believe Star Wars would affect this... they have agreed to add it to my booking if / when released. But obviously there are no guarantees! Here’s hopin’!
Hope you got that in writing from them.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Nothing confirmed but I'm hoping first few weeks in April. I'm going to start emailing round for quotes to be given once it's released as the TA's were so busy not many got back to us last time x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Nothing concrete...
Star Wars will have a huge effect on attendance at WDW next year especially as people are putting off going this year until it opens.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Star Wars will have a huge effect on attendance at WDW next year especially as people are putting off going this year until it opens.
It could also be the other way around - people who don't like Star Wars going earlier this year to avoid all the crowds when it opens.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by THOscar View Post
Hope you got that in writing from them.
Lol. I’ve done it with them before (had it added on) with no issue. There was a deal we were happy with so we’re happy to take that chance and will just downgrade accomodation if it turns out there’s no free dining
Old 2 Feb 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Yes I have no doubt that there will be huge crowds, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they increase prices, but still keep incentives... possibly... maybe?! Or I guess they may reduce the availability for free ddp significantly... I guess we’ll know in April.
Old 2 Feb 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

We are hoping for free dining so that we can crack on and get booked for next year.

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My personal opinion is that Disney will still want to do something to encourage people to stay onsite. Galaxy’s Edge may bring extra visitors but there are plenty of places in Orlando for people to stay. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List