Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Feb 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I don't see the offer going away completely, the availability will get less just as it did this year. The UK allocation needs to be filled, and they know they need offers to do this.

While SW will massively increase attendance, it may not necessarily impact resorts as much. People coming purely for SW are unlikely to buy into the whole onsite experience, so there's no drive for them to pay the inflated prices. I'm kind of expecting a paid FP model to be introduced for SW (like the one they're currently running at DLP) so 60 day bookings may be irrelevant to a SW only guest.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
It could also be the other way around - people who don't like Star Wars going earlier this year to avoid all the crowds when it opens.
All the indications are this is not accurate at all with an unexpected US free dining deal having recently been announced to try to swell numbers. Everyone’s waiting for Star Wars Land I’m afraid. It will be hideous tab DHS. Like I of A then Universal when they got the Harry’s Potter stuff. I still shudder at the 4 hour queue so had for Forbidden Journey when that was new.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
All the indications are this is not accurate at all with an unexpected US free dining deal having recently been announced to try to swell numbers. Everyone’s waiting for Star Wars Land I’m afraid. It will be hideous tab DHS. Like I of A then Universal when they got the Harry’s Potter stuff. I still shudder at the 4 hour queue so had for Forbidden Journey when that was new.
Disney already has 4 hours queues on the top attractions. FOP is posted at a nearly 5 hour queue right now and that's actually down from earlier today. For a ride that's nearly two years old now.

They will need to sort something out for SW, otherwise those queues will be shut for the rest of the day just from the rope drop crowds alone. And admittedly I'm not following land news that closely (as a SW avoider) but it doesn't really look designed to hold large queuing areas.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
Guidebook Reviews: 5
I need to read up on SW - you know how it is, you ignore everything Disney until you start contemplating your next visit.

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Apparently when HP opened there was a queue to get in the queue! & most vloggers are predicting that or worse for SW, we won't be going until Sept but already thinking that we will stay clear
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

We are looking to go last week of august / 1st week of september, and with everyone in our party big star wars fans, we are really excited. The queues will be daunting, but with a bit of forward planning and a willingness to rope drop, hopefully it wont be too bad!

I'm keeping an eye on this thread for any free dining updates too
lozkin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

Hi all - for those experienced with free dining, I've heard April mentioned as a likely time for it to happen, but do you get warning as to when booking will be open for free dining or does it just appear online one day?
lozkin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Update from another post on Trip Planning Forum:

Soft release (not bookable): 11th April
Launch (bookable): 25th April

Not sure of source information, but have put the dates in my diary just in case.
Here's hoping (a little later than usual though).

Any further updates from anyone else?

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by lozkin View Post
Hi all - for those experienced with free dining, I've heard April mentioned as a likely time for it to happen, but do you get warning as to when booking will be open for free dining or does it just appear online one day?
I haven't heard of a soft launch (not bookable) before, but it could be true.

Old 25 Feb 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lozkin
Getting Excited

thanks!