Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 3 Feb 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

Tell me about Cocoa Beach...

We attempted to drive there some years ago (no sat nav then) but definitely didn't find the right area I'm sure, we were on a beach but nothing else apart from one cafe! We're keen to try again but would like to know what it's like, is it worth the day out and also maybe an idiot-proof guide on how to get there, please?
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

We are going next Monday and staying at the new Westgate Resort. Our plan is to eat on the pier the. first night as they run a shuttle there then explore the area the next day making the Pier our starting off point. We will no doubt do ttthe original Ron Jon's. I The best way to get there is to take the Beachline to its end , it is then signposted to Cocoa Beach. Will try and get you a Tourist guide map of the area.
Old 4 Feb 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
alvin_purple
Very Serious Dibber

I really enjoy Coco beach, I find the waves much more fun than the flat gulf coast of Clearwater.
We go to the pier. There's sunbeds to hire, resturaunt, a bar and a few shops.
Cost about $15 dollars to park but that was about 4 years ago.
For directions just google westgate cocoa beach pier in google maps and use the directions function.
We planned our trip to coincied with a launch from Cap canaveral. It was great standing in the sea watching a rocket take off. Bit of a distance so didn't see too much, but the noise washing over us was impressive.
alvin_purple is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
We are going next Monday and staying at the new Westgate Resort. Our plan is to eat on the pier the. first night as they run a shuttle there then explore the area the next day making the Pier our starting off point. We will no doubt do ttthe original Ron Jon's. I The best way to get there is to take the Beachline to its end , it is then signposted to Cocoa Beach. Will try and get you a Tourist guide map of the area.
Can you let me know how this is please? I have 2 nights booked before our cruise. I initially booked a little place down in Melbourne called Tuckaway shores as we love turtles, but then I saw Westgate and caved in. I hope I don't regret it.
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you xx
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by alvin_purple View Post
I really enjoy Coco beach, I find the waves much more fun than the flat gulf coast of Clearwater.
We go to the pier. There's sunbeds to hire, resturaunt, a bar and a few shops.
Cost about $15 dollars to park but that was about 4 years ago.
For directions just google westgate cocoa beach pier in google maps and use the directions function.
We planned our trip to coincied with a launch from Cap canaveral. It was great standing in the sea watching a rocket take off. Bit of a distance so didn't see too much, but the noise washing over us was impressive.
Wow! That sounds amazing!
Old 6 Feb 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

set you sat nav for ron jons or four points sheraton hotel plenty of parking only a short walk from the pier area

first time we parked in the hotel multi storey as we needed to find a shop as my daughter had forgot her UV swim top, we asked at the hotel how much to park & they let us park all day for free as long as we bought something, the mrs bought a stabucks & we bought a UV top

2nd time we booked a surf lesson at ronjons and could park there all day, just a short walk over the dunes to the beach, where you can hire chairs/umbrellas/body boards etc etc
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by limmy View Post
Can you let me know how this is please? I have 2 nights booked before our cruise. I initially booked a little place down in Melbourne called Tuckaway shores as we love turtles, but then I saw Westgate and caved in. I hope I don't regret it.
It is not a resort as such but an upgraded remodelled motel. The rooms are excellent as are all the self catering facilities in it.

The Water Park is small to moderate in size. The lazy river has rings available, the water is very warm and salty!

We ate on the Pier and in Millers Ale House about two blocks away.

The only thing I thought was a bit steep was a hefty charge to sit on their private beach!
Old 23 Feb 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
limmy
Imagineer

limmy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It is not a resort as such but an upgraded remodelled motel. The rooms are excellent as are all the self catering facilities in it.

The Water Park is small to moderate in size. The lazy river has rings available, the water is very warm and salty!

We ate on the Pier and in Millers Ale House about two blocks away.

The only thing I thought was a bit steep was a hefty charge to sit on their private beach!
Thanks so much. Was the fee for the beach chairs or to actually use the beach? I would have thought it was included, but we are happy to slum it at the pier anyway.
DCL 2019
limmy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by limmy View Post
Thanks so much. Was the fee for the beach chairs or to actually use the beach? I would have thought it was included, but we are happy to slum it at the pier anyway.
The area cordoned off for the hotel charged $25 for a shade and two chairs, no you couldn't use the beach without the chairs. You could walk beyond this area and use the beach for free. We used the free shuttle to the pier and sat there although the pool area at the hotel was pleasant enough.