Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Feb 19, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi for those of you who managed to switch after the 330 days did you see availability online first or did you just keep calling?
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mikejt26
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Hi for those of you who managed to switch after the 330 days did you see availability online first or did you just keep calling?
Online , literally checked two or three times daily for 6 months .
mikejt26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Nedsram4
Helping Minnie

Kept checking online for availability then called boooked with attraction tickets direct
Nedsram4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mikejt26 View Post
Online , literally checked two or three times daily for 6 months .
Originally Posted by Nedsram4 View Post
Kept checking online for availability then called boooked with attraction tickets direct
Thanks so much for that. I had pretty much ruled out the ability to get OKW but maybe it will still be an option.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

We booked OKW on the day free dining was released and had it confirmed at the 330 day mark. £3,700 for 10 nights, 2A and 2C (11 and 6) with free DP. We are staying in a studio.

To be honest I've called ATD twice to cancel as DH and I decided that we couldn't justify going two years in a row and would save up and go in 2020. They have suggested we wait and see! I don't think we will get close to this price with free DP next near. Think we are going to wait until April and see what the prices look like then before we make a final decision. It's messing with my head though because I have booked some restaurants just in case!

Just felt so lucky to have secured OKW with free dining
Forest32 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Forest32 View Post
We booked OKW on the day free dining was released and had it confirmed at the 330 day mark. £3,700 for 10 nights, 2A and 2C (11 and 6) with free DP. We are staying in a studio.

To be honest I've called ATD twice to cancel as DH and I decided that we couldn't justify going two years in a row and would save up and go in 2020. They have suggested we wait and see! I don't think we will get close to this price with free DP next near. Think we are going to wait until April and see what the prices look like then before we make a final decision. It's messing with my head though because I have booked some restaurants just in case!

Just felt so lucky to have secured OKW with free dining
I agree, I'd stick with that deal- I'd expect a much higher price in 2020.
Old 21 Feb 19, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
LottiesLot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Kept checking online. Not obsessively - around once or twice per week. Then rang up to swap from POR.
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sparkledust14 View Post
Hi.. trying to price for 2020 and looking at every scenario due to the free dining maybe not available or even worse old key west not being available...

We have always stayed at OKW with the big discounts which I know are now gone 😩 can you tell me if you booked for this year did you book at port Orleans say for eg then switched to OKW when they become available at the 330 day mark or did you wait for the availability date to arrive ? Trying to gauge the most guaranteed way! I know the big discounts dropped off too so I’ve not really got an idea of the pricing. Is anyone happy to tell me what price a studio/2 bed was for this year ? Any help would be appreciated .. thanks you lovely dibbers 😉
We booked AKL first then changed to POR then OKW
Old 22 Feb 19, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ohpair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We booked POR when dinning came out, I struggled to get the dates I wanted in a 1 bed at OKW so ended up changing dates (28th July)
We did the same holiday in 2017 we paid £4600 hotel and park tickets
This year £6748 hotel & park tickets for 4 (all classed as adults) 😳 that’s quite a bit more. But as my girls are 13 &16 we don’t all want to be in the same room & they don’t want to share a bed.
ohpair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by PixieFairies View Post
When was this for & was DDP included?
We went last nov for 2 weeks and yes it included ddp. Alot of people had problems and were moved but we weren't.
eeyoremad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List