Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Feb 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
bigjamiek2
Proud to wear my Ears

Val d'Europe eateries

Hi, we have done DLP a few times staying at Cheyenne, Santa Fe and Sequoia Lodge onsite and Disneyland B&B off site.
I am contemplating going in July and Oct thus AP's would be the option for tickets we would go with. I quite fancy staying in the Val d'Europe area as I can only assume it will be cheaper to eat here and my wife loves shopping!
Has anyone ate at anywhere nice here and can recommend any quality places and prices? I Google mapped a quick browse... has anyone tried Manhattan or Lucky Nugget restaurants?

TIA - Jamie
bigjamiek2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Both those are within DLP. Manhattan is (or rather was) in Hotel New York. It's been closed for a while and won't open until after the big refurb.

Lucky Nugget is in Frontierland. It's officially counter service, but you get to sit inside (in a lovely Wild West saloon) and they bring your food to you. It's fairly standard burgers, fish & chips etc but it's fresh and hot, which is more than you can say for most of the counter service places in DLP. And you can stay as long as you want, get free refills on soft drinks, and watch puppet shows and live music. A bit pricey for the food but a bit of a hidden gem in my opinion.

As for Val d'Europe, there are quite a few restaurants actually in the shopping centre near Sea Life. We have only done La Criee which is one of a small chain of seafood restaurants. I've eaten at another of these in Paris too. Surprisingly good quality for the price, but if any of your party don't do fish/seafood, skip it, because it really has virtually nothing else.

As well as these restaurants there are plenty of places around the hotels too, but I haven't eaten in any.

We have stayed in Hotel Elysee which was lovely, and very quick to get to/from on the RER. We would leave the park at closing time, and 15 minutes later be walking into our room.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Squiggly2902
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I’ve had a few meals in hippopotamus which were a lot cheaper than in Disney also Auchan supermarket is fab for snacks/breakfasts etc. We’re staying onsite but will still pop there for some shopping.
Squiggly2902 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm hoping to try "Del Arte" in Val d'Europe when we go in a couple of weeks - I've heard it's really nice and the lemon meringue dessert looks to die for!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
sw16
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
I'm hoping to try "Del Arte" in Val d'Europe when we go in a couple of weeks - I've heard it's really nice and the lemon meringue dessert looks to die for!
I went there last May. Really enjoyed my pizza and the prices were reasonable too