Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Feb 19, 03:16 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Just had to add a mention for Culver's. Not only is the food very good and more varied than most fast food places, the staff are exceptional giving it a small town feel very different from most inexpensive places around here. They also deserve a shout out for being incredibly supportive of my daughters' K-8 grade school just up the road throughout the year. The school has numerous students from low income families including a number who live in hotels etc. At Christmas they organised a gift collection for them, swapping a pint of ice cream for a present.
Old 6 Feb 19, 04:14 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread but for anybody know anything about "The Picnic Table" cafe on the 192 opposite Formosa garden shops in the grounds of the Quality Inn. Used to be a quite good Chinese buffet but wemt downhill with a vengeance.
TIA.
Old 6 Feb 19, 04:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread but for anybody know anything about "The Picnic Table" cafe on the 192 opposite Formosa garden shops in the grounds of the Quality Inn. Used to be a quite good Chinese buffet but wemt downhill with a vengeance.
TIA.
The place is a mystery to me. They appear to have done an extensive refurb and invested a lot of money but to me the name doesn't explain the concept. I received a mailshot when they opened but as it didn't have a menu I still couldn't figure it out. Hopefully someone else can fill us in.

I just had a look at the reviews on Google Maps. It seems they copied the concept and menu of a place called Greens and Grilles but picked a name that makes no sense to me. A very suspicious mix of overly enthusiastic 5 star and really bad 1 star reviews. I won't be visiting anytime soon!
Old 6 Feb 19, 04:37 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Thanks, I hoped you were looking in. We are staying at the Clarion right opposite and it was intriguing me. May just have to have a nosey inside!
Old 6 Feb 19, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Thanks, I hoped you were looking in. We are staying at the Clarion right opposite and it was intriguing me. May just have to have a nosey inside!
Please do and update us. I looked on TripAdvisor too and still can't figure the place out. I have certainly never seen it busy.
Old 6 Feb 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Just had to add a mention for Culver's. Not only is the food very good and more varied than most fast food places, the staff are exceptional giving it a small town feel very different from most inexpensive places around here. They also deserve a shout out for being incredibly supportive of my daughters' K-8 grade school just up the road throughout the year. The school has numerous students from low income families including a number who live in hotels etc. At Christmas they organised a gift collection for them, swapping a pint of ice cream for a present.
I can also recommend the fish and chips at Culvers. Very fresh and tasty. Had them here a few times when we don't feel up to Bonefish which is our favourite fish restaurant.

Mick
Old 6 Feb 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We love the burgers and unlimited fries at Red Robin. Really reasonable prices, a quick but very tasty meal.
Kirky123 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kirky123 View Post
We love the burgers and unlimited fries at Red Robin. Really reasonable prices, a quick but very tasty meal.
I’ve been looking at this place online, are the fries always bottomless or do you have to order something specific?

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

We've tried Mannie's and Texas Roadhouse a few times but our steakhouse preference is Longhorn and Logans Roadhouse.
Perkins is another good place that is similar to Denny's/Ihop.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Best value for money on the 192 IMHO is Cracker Barrel. Denny's too. Especially with a discount. There's a Millers Ale House out that way. Texas Roadhouse. And yes, Culvers has good ice cream for dessert.