Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Feb 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
kingphil
slightly serious Dibber

Fantasmic - Worth a Fast Pass ?

Just wondering what (if any) benefits there is if you FP Fantasmic, rather than queuing as normal ?

Planning an evening at HS purely to watch this and therefore wouldn't be a wasted FP, as not really looking at going on any of the rides.

Is it a case of rocking up 10 minutes before the show starts and having a section reserved for you, as there will be 11 of us in total.

On a connected theme, I can see that you can FP Rivers of Light at AK and IllumiNations at EPCOT, but cannot see if this is available for Happily Ever After at MK - is this an option as again looking to do this one evening (after an ADR at Chef Mickey) and with belly full of food, will not fancy any rides ?
Old 11 Feb 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

We have done reserved seating following a meal for Fantasmic and you still need to get there at least 30 mins before I would say to get a good seat, especially with how many of you there are. The only way of getting 'preferred'viewing for HEA is by booking a dessert party I believe - quite a pricey route to a half decent view! You may be better off booking one of the cruises around the seven seas lagoon where they pipe the music onto boat and you watch from a distance, still a lovely experience though
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

From what I worked out with Fantasmic (this may have changed) that for a dining package (basically book one of the qualifying restaurants) you get some of the best seating, we were literally dead centre. FP you then get the two sides from the centre, normal people get the very end ones.

Hope that makes sense but that is what has happened with us each time. For all of them, get there early!
RobandLynsey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
corey1
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We booked a fastpass a couple of years ago and turned up about 10 minutes beforehand. Seating in fastpass area was full and we had to sit at the back with a terrible view. So even with a fastpass you have to get there much earlier than we did. It was July so maybe busier than normal.
corey1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If you don't have any other FP plans that day, there's no harm in booking it. But you'll probably need to be there more than 10 minutes before, especially with a large group.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
kazzykay
slightly serious Dibber

Absolutely not, there are hundred of seats.
kazzykay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
baybeeuk
slightly serious Dibber

baybeeuk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I wouldn’t waste my fastpass on a show which holds a large capacity of people. As long as you get there in good time, you should have no problem getting good seats
baybeeuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

We booked a FP for it about 15 minutes before we planned to head to watch. Assuming it was a cancellation but have us slightly better location to watch.
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We didn’t bother. We were in AK and decided to drive over to HS to watch it at about 8.40 we got there with 5 mins to spare and loads of seating left. Glad I didn’t waste a fast pass on it

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We arrived at the ten minute mark and the view from the back was fabulous as it was really central. I'd say some of the further forward but not central seating could be an issue . The back was great for escaping afterwards too.
We loved the show but I couldn't imagine wasting a fastpass on it except really busy days like maybe 4th July.

Edited at 02:13 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List