Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 Feb 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

Is Be Our Guest worth it?

This is our second trip to Orlando

Were staying offsite in a villa and this trip is on a bit of a budget as we unexpectedly moved house last year and wiped out a huge chunk of our savings.

Ive booked an ADR for cape may cafe as a Disney holiday is not complete without Mickey waffles!

I keep seeing BOG being mentioned. My DD (8) loves beauty and the beast and I think she would love the theme.

Is the food good? Im thinking of getting a late morning early lunch reservation.

Do they take walk in's?

how much would I be looking at paying for 2 adults and 2 kids.
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Because it’s QS you can book a table and order a little as you want. I would expect a walk up to be difficult as it’s very popular. Breakfast is expensive and a set price but you could share as you get a tray of pastries. Lunch is obviously dependent on what you order but will average around $15 for a main course.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

You can see the lunch menu with pricing here:
disneyworld.disney.go/en...t/menus/lunch/

I'd definitely recommend getting a reservation as opposed to trying a walk up, and I'd start looking straight away if it's something you're interested in.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

We did two dinners at BoG before it went Prix Fixe, and enjoyed it both times. The new dinner menu doesn't appeal at all.

We've also breakfasted there twice, and done a lunch there once - we were on QSDP, but even OoP I'd say breakfast/lunch would beat dinner now.

The theming's fantastic, though as an experience, one of the two side rooms would beat the main room, which can get a little crashy/noisy/canteen like.

Beast only appears at Dinner.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
I don't know whether its important to you or not but I don't think Belle or the Beast appear at all during breakfast or lunch. I think that is just a dinner thing

Edit: Sorry Mac, missed your comment at the end of your post
Old 12 Feb 19, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile

Re walk ups I was booking in myself at the window as I had a reservation and there was a person positioned in the middle of the pathway turning back everyone who did not have an ADR saying they do not take walk ins and you had to book online don't know if this is true all the time but it was happening on that day
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LadyFromage View Post
This is our second trip to Orlando

Were staying offsite in a villa and this trip is on a bit of a budget as we unexpectedly moved house last year and wiped out a huge chunk of our savings.

Ive booked an ADR for cape may cafe as a Disney holiday is not complete without Mickey waffles!

I keep seeing BOG being mentioned. My DD (8) loves beauty and the beast and I think she would love the theme.

Is the food good? Im thinking of getting a late morning early lunch reservation.

Do they take walk in's?

how much would I be looking at paying for 2 adults and 2 kids.
I would say little to no hope of a walk in. I don’t think I would go if I were not on a dining plan though, no the food is not very good.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

You definitely need a reservation. The current breakfast price is $28 a head for adults.
When we were there at Christmas we did it our first week on the dining plan as I didn’t think it was good value to pay for.
Old 13 Feb 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
nickimiz
Imagineer

We did dinner, haven't done breakfast or lunch. Belle doesn't appear, the beast does but only at dinner. The theming is great, but the food wasn't great.
Old 13 Feb 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I had breakfast and dinner there a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed the food on both occasions - and I'm a very fussy eater!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List