Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Feb 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Larajp
Excited about Disney

Mobile ADR's for a party of 8 help needed

Hi all,
First time staying on-site, and all the pressure is on me to try and secure our ADR's on Sunday.
Me and hubby have been before so have some understanding of restaurants available but not done DDP. My sister and family and mum are also coming and they don't have a clue!

I have a basic list of the main table service (and popular qs) we really want to eat at.

My questions are:
1) There will be 8 of us, do I book for tables of 8 or go for 4+4 to hopefully increase my chances of getting the places (and avoiding the automatically added gratuity)
2) what order should I try and book the places? By date order from when we arrive or by popularity of the restaurants?

Ideally we want to get:
Bon voyage breakfast (trattorial Al forming)
Garden grill breakfast
Hollywood and Vine fantasmic package
Be our guest lunch qs
Chef art Smiths homecoming dinner
Teppan Edo dinner
Rainforest cafe lunch
Toledo in Colorado springs dinner (new but apparently ADR's available?)

Any help would be hugely appreciated, and I'm sorry if it's all been asked before XX
2004 / 2009/ 2009/ 2013 Mia's first visit to Disney / 2014 Orlando & Clearwater / 2016 Our wedding! Orlando & St Pete's - Photo trippie done / May 2018 Orlando & Fort Myers beach on Estero Island/ 2019 Big family Disney trip/ 2020 sneaky week
Larajp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
I'll be doing exactly the same but on Monday.

Previously when I've booked for 8 I've had no trouble and was able to book for 8 rather than 2x4. At BOG when we deliberately booked 2x4 we asked at checkin if we could be an 8 instead and this was done with no hassle.

As for booking order, some might say its not necessary but I say why risk it. I'll be booking mine in the order that I most want them
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
D15ney72
Serious Dibber

I’ll be booking tables for 10 on Monday and I’ve prioritised the order by popularity. I’ll only split into 2 reservations if absolutely necessary and then I’d request that we’re sat together when we check in at the restaurant. I’ve never had much of a problem booking for a big group in the past, but August is new for us and there are a couple of restaurants that I expect we may have to be flexible with time-wise. 180+10 is a big advantage though so it should be ok. I wouldn’t worry about the automatic gratuity for tables of 6 or more, it’s 18%, which is the lower of the 2 suggested tip percentages on the bill.
D15ney72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 19, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We last went with a party of 7. I’d book in order of priority(popularity) as there are not as many large tables in most restaurants. I’d book for 8pp if you can (most restaurants accommodate larger groups but not all restaurants do) if you would like to book 2 tables of 4, you can, but you will need to do this using two separate MDE accounts. You may be able to book two tables over the phone though?

Kat
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Larajp
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Amazing, thank you so much for your replies. I'll go for the takes for 8 where pos and start booking in popularity order/ most wanted. Huge help XX
2004 / 2009/ 2009/ 2013 Mia's first visit to Disney / 2014 Orlando & Clearwater / 2016 Our wedding! Orlando & St Pete's - Photo trippie done / May 2018 Orlando & Fort Myers beach on Estero Island/ 2019 Big family Disney trip/ 2020 sneaky week
Larajp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We are a 7 -I struggled with Bon Voyage breakfast and garden grill- So I'd put those near the top of your list or at the end of the holiday.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Larajp
Excited about Disney

Mobile

All done, website wouldn't allow me to book the +10 days, just the first! App allowed the rest but couldn't do the dinner fantasmic package so head to ring up and secure that, all booked for 8 people and all the days and times we hoped for. Good luck anyone still to do theirs.