Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Feb 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

Weekends

Hi we are staying at a disney hotel then a universal hotel then a villa for a week. In our villa week we hope to do Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens and probably need to do at least one on Saturday or Sunday. They are all saying least recommended though. Our first full day in the villa is a Friday but thought we might rest that day as disney and universal will be so full on. We don't want to have 3 non park days in a row though so can anyone advise us on which park out of the 3 above would likely be least busy and would Saturday or Sunday be best? We do still have the Mon-Fri after that but would prefer not to do 3 lazy days then 3 park days plus it would be nice to keep a day to nip back to another park one day. Thanks.
Scottishmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

Anyone?
Scottishmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

I’d say Seaworld because it’s the least ‘family friendly’ with it being full of thrill rides mainly and the kids area is being rebuilt. So will attract less family locals on a weekend. You also get a lot of people going to Florida to do all the parks but they miss Seaworld out due to their own preconceptions, beliefs and ethics do generally Seaworld is quieter than Disney and Universal. I’ve never been to Seaworld when I’d consider it to be ‘busy’. Like Disney busy

So with all that in mind I’d assume it’s the least busy. Water parks are always heaving on a weekend and Busch Gardens attracts the tampa locals on a weekend.

Edited at 01:17 PM.
adreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

Great - Thank you
Old 17 Feb 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We were at Busch yesterday, so the Saturday of Presidents day weekend. We purchased the additonal quick queue tickets and had a fantastic day, such a different vibe to Disney and Universal and one I actually prefered. It was quite busy both Cheetah Hunt and Cobra Curse were 90 min waits but with QQ tickets no more than a five min wait all day for all the main attractions.

5 year old got to do his first upside down roller-coaster in Scorpion and got to meet Elmo which was a highlight for him and myself and the eldest got to ride Montu which is my number one roller-coaster (due to ride Mako this coming week) and even did Falcons Fury which I generally thought the end was near as it tilted me face down 300 feet in the air.

Great day and highly recommend it for not just Roller-coaster families but also for young ones as Sesame Street and Jungala both my lads loved.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by adreamisawish View Post
I’d say Seaworld because it’s the least ‘family friendly’ with it being full of thrill rides mainly and the kids area is being rebuilt. So will attract less family locals on a weekend. You also get a lot of people going to Florida to do all the parks but they miss Seaworld out due to their own preconceptions, beliefs and ethics do generally Seaworld is quieter than Disney and Universal. I’ve never been to Seaworld when I’d consider it to be ‘busy’. Like Disney busy

So with all that in mind I’d assume it’s the least busy. Water parks are always heaving on a weekend and Busch Gardens attracts the tampa locals on a weekend.
We are at Aquatica now and there is only a big queue for Ray Rush which is there newer water ride so fully expected. Everything else is quite pleasant.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

Thank you both. Ils - How much are the quick queue tickets as that might be the best idea?
Old 17 Feb 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Myself, wife had the one per ride main attraction which was about £50 each. My eldest had the unlimited which meant he could go on all rides as many times as he wanted and was approx £70 and the youngest had the Jnr QQ which was about £30. I know it soon adds up but having had the express at Universal and fast pass plus system in place at Disney this was the best front of the queue system available.

Edited at 07:21 PM.
Old 18 Feb 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Scottishmam
Excited about Disney

Great thanks. Expensive buy probably worth it for a weekend in July! The prices may be different then of course. Thanks.