Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Feb 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
princess boo
Very Serious Dibber

POFQ vs CBR

So after a PPI payout, it looks as though we are going back in 2020 (fingers crossed for free dining). So in 2018 we stayed in SSR but I think this will be out of our budget. So I like the idea of POFQ, small, one bus stop, short walk to facilities but I really like the theming of CBR. My concern is the size and the possible long walk, depending on room location, to the food areas, etc. Is there anywhere to fill re fillable cups and get snacks in the various room locations.
Old 16 Feb 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve stayed in both. And I like both for different reasons.
CBR - love the main pool area, the lush landscaping and the lake. The walk from our room in Jamaica to the pool/food court was less than 10 mins. It never felt longer, and we loved walking over the bridge, spotting the wildlife, wild turkeys, turtles, lizards, bunny’s and birds. We were 2/3 mins to fhe bus stop, and liked being able to park our car outside the block we were in. Never had any problems with the buses. We also loved the ability to use the quiet pools. It was our first Disney holiday and I admit I left a bit of me there.

POFQ - it’s small, the walk to the food court, bus stop, pool and boat dock is minimal no matter where you stay. We loved the boat to Disney Springs, and the room were fresh and clean as had just been refurbished. Enjoyed the pool but did think it was too small for fhe Resort. I know you can use the pools at POR but I want to come out of my room and use the pool, so sucked it up. Buses were very hit and miss, often sharing with POR, and on 3/4 occasions we had to wait over half an hour for a bus. It’s also very pretty and I love the landscapes gardens and river.

What I’m saying is there both great, and we would happily stay in either of fhem over any other moderate (or deluxe baring the beach & yacht club). We’re staying at FQ again this year but only for 3 nights. We chose it over CBR because of the boat to DS, that’s the only thing that seperates the two for us!
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

I haven't stayed at either yet but I am booked for cbr in Sept this year. I've done lots of research and looked at the maps in great detail for the new layout since the building work has been done. Apparently each block has it's own freestyle machine. I don't know about snacks though sorry.if I can find the maps I'll post them here for you to see.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNewbie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We've stayed at both. CBR before the construction/renovation and POFQ in 2018.

I loved our 2016 cbr stay in Martinique,close to the facilities, great pool,close to the bus stop. Then they ripped Barbados down..stuck a huge hotel up and put the skyliner through the resort. And my heart sunk.

POFQ was beautiful and quiet. Fab cast members. Kids enjoyed the pool (but they do whichever resort we stay at). One bus stop which after doing SSR & CBR was lovely as I hated being sat on the bus and 10 minutes later only just leaving the resort! It was also never more than a 5 minute walk over to the main building from our room which made getting refillable mugs easy.

If I had to choose after our 2016 trip I would have said "there's no other resort for me..I have to stay at cbr as I love it so much" but sadly for me all the work they've done has taken that love away and hands down I'd go back to POFQ now.
DisneyNewbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Excited about Disney

Stayed in POFQ in August 17. CBR was an option for me but I went for FQ based on size. I loved having one bus stop, the resort is small so whichever block you are in, you're never far from the food court, pool, bus stop. We never had any problems with the buses and only shared with POR when we went to Disney Springs and the bus picked us up last and dropped us off first. We also loved the boat to Disney Springs. I would happily return to FQ for me CBR just seems too big but I suppose it's up to individual taste. Good luck
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

Stayed at both, POFQ wins hands down for me, due to size, one bus stop, closer bus stops at the parks and the boat to DS.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I haven’t stayed at CBR but stayed at POFQ last September and loved it. The small size has a lot going for it and I love the Mardi Gras theme. The pool is great and was open till 11.00 pm then which was great for a dip after a hot day at the parks. I went to bed relaxed and chilled. The buses were great and never shared with POR whenever I used them.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed at POFQ in 2015 and loved it for all the reasons already mentioned and we are staying at CBR in the summer. I have to confess, the size worries me a little but it was quite a bit cheaper than POFQ probably because of all the building works and I wanted to try a different resort. I don't mind the walk to bus stops and main pool but I like to have hot chocolate before bed and it took me less than 5 minutes there and back when we were at POFQ. First world problems, eh?
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi. I’ve stayed at both. I won’t be staying at Caribbean Beach again unless cost requires it. I like POR far better for a moderate and POFQ far better than Caribbean Beach if that was cheaper than Riverside. It’s just personal choice though. Also Caribbean Beach hadn’t been upgraded when we stayed there is was just about to be demolished and redone so may be a different vibe now. The buses were a pain and Caribbean Beach and the food court not anywhere near as good quality as either POR or FOFQ in my opinion. The downside to POFQ is no quiet pools.
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I’ve just been watching Adam Hatton on you tube he’s just stayed at CBR and it looked lovely. Usually we would need a room for 5 so it’s likely we may stay there in the future. Gondolas will be a great addition too. This summer we’re at POFQ we have 2 rooms due to grandparents. The small size looks great as we are car free. It’ll be interesting to see how prices change , CBR has been cheaper for quite a while.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List