Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Feb 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Sheraton Vistana Villages removed the water slide :(

Virgin have emailed me to say the has been an update on our accommodation. It states that they have removed the water slide
So disappointed, I know it's only a slide but I know it would of been fun for my kids who are too old for the pirate ship.

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

We are there in a couple of weeks so I'll let you know, I'd be disapointed too.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Website still says:

Your Orlando family retreat at Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort Villas is a spacious one- or two-bedroom villa that comfortably accommodates as many as eight adults in up to 1,100 square feet. All villas feature fully equipped kitchens or well-equipped kitchenettes, washers and dryers, private balconies or patios, unlimited wireless high-speed internet access and the Sheraton Signature Sleep Experience bedding, helping to make every minute of your time in Orlando truly enjoyable. After the thrill of theme parks, you’ll enjoy endless fun with themed pools, waterslides, a family-friendly restaurant, activity programs and more. Explore our many pools onsite like The St. Augustine pool area, featuring a shore-like zero-entry side and an irresistible interactive pirate ship with water shoots and a water cannon while the Bella pool, a beautiful and sprawling quarter-acre pool offers dramatic rock waterfalls and a hub of resort activity and relaxation.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Stevelovesfl View Post
We are there in a couple of weeks so I'll let you know, I'd be disapointed too.
Yes please let me know

Louise
Jack&LucysMumy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed there last august. Main reason for picking it was pool and slides!

But we got there and the slide off the pirate ship was out of action. That left the larger slide.

Was quite worried about this. But, in the end, kids went on the larger slide only a handful of times and were far happier just in the pool. They had a blast and i had spent ages trting to find a hotel with reasonable reviews and slides for nothing!

What i am trying to say is don't let this worry you too much. If you can find an alternate ask to move. If not, dont worry as it probably wont matter to your kids anyway!
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi - I have checked with SVV on Twitter and they clarified it is only the small skide on the pirate ship that is removed. The bigger one next to the pirate ship is still in place. Quote:

”Good Morning, In response to your question and as advised on a previous posting, the small waterslide located in the Pirate Ship Pool (by the Saint Augustine area) has been removed due to damages that kept occurring when adults were accompanying their children down the slide. The pool had to be drained several times to repair these damages causing guest dissatisfaction). Aside from that, the big blue slide, located next to Pirate Ship pool remains fully available. along with our other Resort facilities. Please let us know if there is anything else we can confirm to you, prior to arrival.”
Tigger71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tigger71 View Post
Hi - I have checked with SVV on Twitter and they clarified it is only the small skide on the pirate ship that is removed. The bigger one next to the pirate ship is still in place. Quote:

”Good Morning, In response to your question and as advised on a previous posting, the small waterslide located in the Pirate Ship Pool (by the Saint Augustine area) has been removed due to damages that kept occurring when adults were accompanying their children down the slide. The pool had to be drained several times to repair these damages causing guest dissatisfaction). Aside from that, the big blue slide, located next to Pirate Ship pool remains fully available. along with our other Resort facilities. Please let us know if there is anything else we can confirm to you, prior to arrival.”
Thank you for clarifying

Louise
Old 19 Mar 19, 02:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

I can confirm big slide is still there and in use. The pirate ship has the slides removed but the ship itself can still be used. I was going to take some pictures but we have wasted all afternoon swapping rooms due to the dirty ancient dingy rooms. Finally we were given a newer style room. They offer you $10 per day minus one day resort credit and I think this doesn’t help the cleanliness.
Old 19 Mar 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jack&LucysMumy
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Stevelovesfl View Post
I can confirm big slide is still there and in use. The pirate ship has the slides removed but the ship itself can still be used. I was going to take some pictures but we have wasted all afternoon swapping rooms due to the dirty ancient dingy rooms. Finally we were given a newer style room. They offer you $10 per day minus one day resort credit and I think this doesn’t help the cleanliness.
Thank you for the update

Louise