Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Feb 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
walshi
Excited about Disney

Mobile Can't modify my ADRs?

Hi all.
Yesterday was my ADR day and we got everything we wanted! However, one was a little later than we wanted and another one we've had a rethink about and hope to move it later by a couple of hours.
Problem is, when I try to "change reservation" it wont allow me to pick the actual date, it's as if it is ignoring the 10 days past 180 which you get when staying onsite. It allowed me to book these extra 10 days but now won't let me modify them. I've tried logging out and back in and also tried both web and app. Any ideas?
walshi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

You should be able to just book the new time you want and then cancel the other reservation. Just don’t modify - do it as a whole new reserve. The same thing was happening to me and the above is how I got around it
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
You need to update the App, I watch a Vlog last night WDWnews (I think) & he said that they had just done an update that hadn't worked & that they had had to do a second update to fix the first! Typical Disney IT really!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
walshi
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
You should be able to just book the new time you want and then cancel the other reservation. Just don’t modify - do it as a whole new reserve. The same thing was happening to me and the above is how I got around it
Thanks this sorted it!
walshi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
You need to update the App, I watch a Vlog last night WDWnews (I think) & he said that they had just done an update that hadn't worked & that they had had to do a second update to fix the first! Typical Disney IT really!
SD
The last version of the app just gives you a popup saying you can't modify anything, and to visit the website. This is how they "fix" things. Although just noticed there's another update, will see how that one goes.

Anyway, for OP, I always had trouble modifying due to the date popup box. It tries to use UK format but then selects US so reverses the numbers. So it kept trying to modify in June instead of March (for a 6th March ADR) and kicking me out. I just did as suggested above, made new reservations and then cancelled the old.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I'm struggling on the website. Keeps saying there's an error on the page.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
walshi
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
I'm struggling on the website. Keeps saying there's an error on the page.
That was happening to me too. Just go to create a NEW reservation at your required time, you will then get a message saying that you already have a reservation in that time period so do you want to cancel that original reservation. Choose "yes" and your new reservation will replace it. Happy days!
Old 19 Feb 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tabbycat
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by walshi View Post
That was happening to me too. Just go to create a NEW reservation at your required time, you will then get a message saying that you already have a reservation in that time period so do you want to cancel that original reservation. Choose "yes" and your new reservation will replace it. Happy days!
I tried this as I kept getting the error page when trying to cancel our booking at beaches and cream but when it asked me if I wanted to cancel the booking for the new one I said yes but it still wouldnt let me do it online and told me to phone to cancel the reservation I guess I will just have to phone
Old 19 Feb 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
If I modify to add extra people is this more likely to show availability than if I do a new reservation. ie going to 6-7 is more likely than another table of 7?
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List