Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Feb 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Travel day evening meal/snack/food of some sort

Hi,

Im trying to decide what we will be doing on our travel day once weve landed and checked in.
Last time i remember i had a nightmare journey from the airport to the hotel which took longer than it should have, i was drained and stressed out and it was dark by the time we arrived at the hotel. We ended up in Millers Ale House and had some zingers i think but we were so knackered we didnt really enjoy anything.

This year we will be flying a bit earlier (9:40am from Gatwick) and should land at 3:15pm, im sure the journey to the hotel will be better this time so we will arrive and get checked in at a more decent time.

Im wondering if we will want a meal out after the plane food and travelling? Im normally one for eating at any opportunity i get to be honest

So im leaning towards going for a meal, other than that what else could we do? Snacks from Walgreens across the road (Rosen Pointe)

What does everyone else do when staying around that area? I really enjoyed some of the restaurants on I-Drive so im eager to fit what i can in.

Also, i like planning waaaaaaaaay in advance lol
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Will you have a car?

We normally stay in Windsor Hills, aim to grab some food en route to the villa - either chicken tenders from Publix, or take out from Arby's - before spending some time at Disney Springs to try and keep us awake long enough to get onto US time.

If we've got a second wind by the time we head back, we'll stop at Walmart for necessities!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
I don’t like a heavy meal on the first night. Always tend to pick up something light and easy.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Delivery pizza if you don't want to be bothered going out ?
We tend to play travel day by ear and see how we feel.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
princemarkie
Trying for More Ears

if you are flying virgin you will be starving...inflight food has got very disappointing with VA... snacks are non existent...we stayed in lake buena vista and first port of call was good old maccas
Old 17 Feb 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We always need to eat plane food I would recommend Bahama Breeze, they do light dishes and great cocktails and not far from where your staying.

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Welsh Haggis
a Friend of the DIBB

Travel Day Evening Meal

Hi

looks like you are flying out 3 days before us using the same flight, I am looking forward to having some extra time before the inevitable exhaustion kicks in. We usually call into a Wendy's or 5 Guys on the way to the hotel, usually by Wallmart on Sand Lake Road/ John Young Highway which is on the way from the airport to I Drive. It is quiet, clean and the staff are friendly, food is good, better than Mickey D's any day. Have a great flight and enjoy.
Welsh Haggis is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
thefergies
Apprentice Imagineer

Get to the villa. Mrs F and kids do the unpacking and phone in the Papa John's order. I scoot along to Wal-Mart for the next mornings essentials and I usually get back as the pizzas etc are being delivered. Lovely jubbly.
thefergies is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We used to have a Denny’s but this year we flew into Fort Lauderdale so were later than normal, we just grabbed a culvers drive through and ate it in the villa, worked well.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We always head some where quick and simple on first night, like Dennys or eat at the bar at the hotel
Or take away pizza. Takeaway pizza from 7 eleven is amazing!
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List