Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Feb 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I don't do roller coasters but loved the Jurassic ride even getting soaked didn't put me off. On the other hand dh persuaded me to do the Mummy and it took me a while to forgive him. Hated it. I did do the ride at Harry Potter after a Long Island Iced tea and enjoyed that as well. 😉
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

So cocktails is the way to enjoy them, good to know 😂
Shkyler is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

We got caught out by the Gringotts ride, my son will not do upside down or going down steep drops fast. Whilst in the queue the chap in front was talking to us and we asked him about the ride and he said ' its great I don't like most coasters and once you get past the drop at the beginning everythings fine' well my son and I looked at each other ready to bail but I thought we'll stick with it but both of us were really nervous.

We sat in the seats (front row) and when the ride is ready the first thing that happens is that you tip forward, what seemed like around 90 degrees so immediately I thought oh no he's going to hate it and I felt really sick all of a sudden but yes it was a drop but its over quite quickly and the rest of the ride is just zooming around to different screens to watch the story. Now that both of us know what is coming we have said we would be up for it again. I think it was the not knowing that was getting to us. I did forbidden Journey and the first time threw up about three times after coming off but it was not a fast rollercoaster you are just sitting in a row of seats on the end of a robotic arm that moves you around, the second time we did it was early early morning before we had eaten and 100 times better so think that is my secret on this one.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
Thanks so much, watched the Jurassic Park ride video, is the drop really bad at the end?
I'm a wuss when it comes to rides and I thought the drop was fine. I got very wet which was welcome as it was such a hot day! One thing I do like is when you get off, the CMs clap!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Yeh, I don’t mind getting wet it’s just the stomach drop! Thanks everyone, didn’t want to be queuing for ages to be disappointed or sick!
Shkyler is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Not sure if its coasters or specific ride effects you are concerned about. For example Splash mountain is technically not a coaster but does have a large drop, but you can see this on approach. Thunder mountain does have hills , tight turns and drops and so would be a coaster. Pirates has a couple of drops in the dark which are short and so does frozen, but i would say these you would be fine with. Space mountain is a dark coaster and because you are so close to the track the dips and turns seem more in tense. Seven dwarfs is a coaster but the design of the cars means the turns are softened.
At AK everest is clearly a coaster and has a large drop backwards and forwards. The rapids ride is not a coaster but again does have 1 large drop, but on water it never feels as bad. Primeval whirl is a tight coaster and you get whipped around. Diansaur is not a coaster but you are in a vehicle which will move you around a lot. The banshee ride is not a coaster but your ride vehicle will move side to side and give the feeling of drops. In Epcot, Mission space is not a coaster but is a spinnging ride which can be intense. test track is not a coaster , but does have a fast section but no drops.
HS : Rock n roll and slingy are coasters, you can see slingies track so you decide, but RnR has inversions so you may want to miss that. Star tours is a simuator and you get rocked around but not much else. ToT is a lift drop inside.
Across at universal you can see most of the coasters apart from gringotts and the mummy. Both I would say are true coasters. As for forbideen journey this is not a coaster , but the seat you are in will flip you around and up side down.
For me if a ride has shoulder harnesses then it is likley to go upside down. If it just has lap belts then i expect a few hills.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

@shack69 your detail is amazing thanks so much. Was on Pirates years ago and after the initial shock I was fine!