Notices

Old 21 Aug 14, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Wozi
Imagineer

The Secret's Out! - August 2014 Trip - Aquatica again - Day 11

Well we were up bright and early today. Jordan was busy face booking his school friends to see how they had done in their GCSEs. Unfortunately for him, he needs to wait until we get home yo find out his results.

We had decided we would try another attempt at Aquatica, as the forecast looks quite good for today

No photo's from Aquatica today, as my iphone stays safely in my bag in the locker, although we did use the GoPro quite a lot today, so looking forward to seeing the footage!

The boys decided to opt for the all day buffet again, while Ellie and I decided against it. It's $18 each, and unless you like pizza and hot dog, well there's not a lot else.

The boys went in and grabbed a drink for Ellie and me, before venturing back in several times.

Ellie and I decided to opt to share some chicken tenders ($8.99), fries ($3.49) and Ellie also picked up a carton of strawberry milk ($1.99), and this worked out much better for us.

We plonked ourselves down by Walk About Waters, and rode several attractions today, the wave pools, a couple of slides, loggerhead lazy river and roa's rapids. The weather was absolutely glorious, having got in at 9.30, by 3.30 we had had enough, so decided to come back to the villa.

(Again not my photo of Aquatica)

On the way back to the villa, we decided to stop off at Twistee Treat on the 192.

OMG, their ice cream menu is huge, I think we spent about 10 minutes choosing! Sometimes I think there's just too much choice

The kids both had a slush each. Ellie went for strawberry, while a Jordan went for green apple. Both preferred the strawberry, but I enjoyed the green apple.

Si and I both went for a medium Twistee Treat flavour in a waffle cone. Si had strawberry/vanilla, whilst I had chocolate/vanilla. Mmmm ... they were yummy

Ellie went for vanilla in a cake cone, which was dipped in chocolate. She obviously enjoyed it because she demolished it. As Jordan isn't a ice cream person he declined to partake in the ice cream challenge.

All together it came to just over $30 ... ouch! But it was another tick on my list of things to do.

We haven't decided what to do for tea yet, I think it's Millers Ale House, but Si seems to have caught Jordan's cold, so is currently having a bath!

As I thought we decided to go to Millers Ale House. Now we went to the one on the 192 last August, and although everyone else loved it, I absolutely hated it. I'm not sure whether it was the food, where we were sat, perhaps I was having an off day:confused! All I know is I didn't want to go back!

However, this evening we pulled up to the same one on the 192, and I had a completely different experience. Our server was super, polite, friendly but not to over the top, she was absolutely lovely, and the food was yummy too!

Jordan had cheese burger and fries ... no surprise there eh!

Ellie had a children's chicken fingers and fries ... it was huge!

I went for a 1/2 rack of ribs with fries, which were fantastic, definitely the best yet

Si went for the chicken fajita, which he enjoyed, but said would have enjoyed more so if it were not for his damm cold!

Total bill was $45 +tip

We decided to pop into Publix on the way back to the villa, to pick some breakfast up for tomorrow and gather some cold supplies - tissues, Tylenol and some antiseptic throat sweets. I have a lovely lot of American meds sitting on my kitchen work top here in the villa. There's still a bit more I need to get. We also decided with just 2 more full days left, we would put our change in the machine, we had over $27, and managed to come away with $23'ish. You wouldn't believe how much lighter my bag is without all that change

As we came out of Publix, the sky had turned a dirty grey colour, and in the distance you could see flashes of lightening. We managed to set the GoPro up and then did a bit of storm ... ahem ... lightening chasing. I'm hoping we managed to get some good shots

Once back in the villa I started sorting out more washing and drying, trying to start getting the packing under way as I don't want yo be leaving it to the last minute.

All in all a very enjoyable day, and I do love these night lightening shows!

Old 22 Aug 14, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Wozi - 22 Aug 14 2:15 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List