Notices

View Poll Results: Are you or have you paid for seats with Virgin?
Yes Paying 321 61.85%
Not Paying 198 38.15%
Voters: 519. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Aug 15, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
oO-Gemma-Oo
Being a bit Goofy

Virgin - Paying For Seats? Poll Included!

Thought I'd do a little poll to see how many people have paid/intend to pay for seats? Pricing up flights for this November and they're well under my budget for next year however I'm worried leaving it too late would mean we wouldn't be sat together - market research
oO-Gemma-Oo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No offence intended

If you can afford to go to Disney, why not pay a little bit extra to sit exactly where you want? We would pay £25 for a half hour meal, but not a 9 hour flight? Makes no sense to me I'm afraid
BoxOfFrogs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Looks already like most prefer peace of mind... I was adamant I was going to wait until 72 hrs before, but I caved in just so I could sit in the seats I want
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

SHREKS OTHER1/2's Reviews
Originally Posted by BoxOfFrogs View Post
No offence intended

If you can afford to go to Disney, why not pay a little bit extra to sit exactly where you want? We would pay £25 for a half hour meal, but not a 9 hour flight? Makes no sense to me I'm afraid
Couldn't have put it better myself
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post

I can't answer - I travel loads with work so have Gold lifetime so always pre-choose seats but never pay - If I did have to pay, I would but I'd hate doing it

Sort of agree with the other sentiments on here - you pay £1000+ per person for a great holiday and then make it start badly by worrying about whether or not you will be sat together
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

We went in June with DD 22 and DS 26, I decided to pay as being 4 x adults I thought we were more likely to not get to sit together. DD and DS no longer live at home, so I was really looking forward to 9 hours of catch up with them. We got exactly the seats we wanted (dibber row going out) were first off the plane and into the immigration queue before 2 other jumbos, worth every penny. I've always travelled with airlines that charges me to sit together so it was not such a shock for us.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by BoxOfFrogs View Post
No offence intended

Totally agree! No matter where we fly, I always pre book our seats. I would pay for us to sit together rather than run the risk of us not. We go on holiday as a family of 4, and that means sitting on the plane as a family of 4 😄
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
border terrier
Apprentice Imagineer

Never paid never will always sat together. Wouldn't mind a bit of peace on my own.
Old 5 Aug 15, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
BoxOfFrogs
VIP Dibber

BoxOfFrogs's Reviews
Originally Posted by border terrier View Post
Never paid never will always sat together. Wouldn't mind a bit of peace on my own.

Lol fair enough
BoxOfFrogs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 15, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

Won't pay. Should be loaded into flight ticket cost. One of the reasons I no longer use them
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List