Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Dec 20, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

12 nights with just carry on luggage ?

Hello Dibbers
Now then...we are tentatively planning a San Francisco and Las Vegas trip next year and looking at minimising luggage. My OH would manage quite easily with just carry on luggage and has done so before Im not so sure I could !
Looking at flights with Virgin for our dates and ideally would choose to take one hold luggage item between but are there other considerations opting for the "light" option...ie how likely is t that we will get seated apart ?
any advice /considerations welcome...Thanks

Edited at 07:35 AM.
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We’ve done the light option a few times now.

We have mostly been seated near each other but not always right next (3 of us we were often a 2 and 1) with 1 behind or across the aisle. We knew this could happen and were happy to be split up.

We each had a wheeled cabin case and a backpack and this worked fine for a 2 week trip but we were staying at Disney and had easy access to laundry. So consider your washing options.

Light passengers are seated last. This doesn’t particularly matter to me but when everyone leaps up you have to hang back.

No other significant differences really
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We’ve done the light option a few times now.

We have mostly been seated near each other but not always right next (3 of us we were often a 2 and 1) with 1 behind or across the aisle. We knew this could happen and were happy to be split up.

We each had a wheeled cabin case and a backpack and this worked fine for a 2 week trip but we were staying at Disney and had easy access to laundry. So consider your washing options.

Light passengers are seated last. This doesn’t particularly matter to me but when everyone leaps up you have to hang back.

No other significant differences really
thanks so much
I'm leaning towards the one hold bag between us option as i think our washing options will be limited !
Rachaelwoolly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We went ‘hand baggage only’ on last years Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples ‘3 weeker’ last year. You can read all about the decision and issues raised in the trip report in my signature.

In short, it worked absolutely brilliantly as we selected hotels that we knew had laundry facilities. A couple of times, it was get up, laundry in and then have breakfast before laundry into the tumble dryer and a half hour wait. By then the laundry was dry, returned to our room and we were ready to go. There was no compromise whatever on the vacation at all and I would happily do it again.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 01:25 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachaelwoolly
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We went ‘hand baggage only’ on last years Boston, NY, Dayton OH, Orlando, Naples ‘3 weeker’ last year. You can read all about the decision and issues raised in the trip report in my signature.

In short, it worked absolutely brilliantly as we selected hotels that we knew had laundry facilities. A couple of times, it was get up, laundry in and then have breakfast before laundry into the tumble dryer and a half hour wait. By then the laundry was dry, returned to our room and we were ready to go. There was no compromise whatever on the vacation at all and I would happily do it again.
Brilliant ! I will factor in your suggestions when booking our accommodation !
I really do like the idea of travelling light, having had my hold luggage lost on 2 occasions !

Thanks