Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Feb 21, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

European package holidays this year

I’m looking at Oct half term and feb half term next year as our school have released inset days which makes it more flexible/cheaper.

The only thing stopping me is I don’t want to have to jump through hoops etc with testing and have the hassle of having to get tests to fly home etc/quarantine etc.

I know no one knows what it’s going to be like but what were the main companies like this year... TUI/Jet2 for allowing customers to amend/transfer when the holidays were operating but there were restrictions? I don’t might booking if we’d have the option to amend if we just thought it was too many hoops to jump through but don’t want to be forced to go if we aren’t comfortable with restrictions.

Any experience that people had would be great 👍

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve booked BA holiday package to Cyprus (same as last october) and a tui package to Zante in late July - expecting latter to need a negative test pre arrival
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Tui package were reasonable last year and have a current promise. you will need to check if it suits you. I have a flight only deal rolled over from last year. Not so helpful here tbh. But will wait and see.

My mum had two jet2 holidays cancelled last year (one while she was on it). They were fabulous in both I stances and she has recommended them to all and sundry since. 👍. I presume they will have some.similar guarantee or t&C's.

Edited at 10:54 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Thank you both. Both do seem to offer free amends up to a certain date. I think I might just wait and see what restrictions are nearer the time. Travelling in peak school holidays it’s the availability that worries me!

vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve had two holidays booked with Jet2 during this period.They were amazing,one was a holiday to Gran Canaria that we moved from the May to October,which was cancelled.Our money was refunded within 10 days,and they communicated well with us the whole time.The second one was a holiday to Lanzarote in August,which we needed to change as we were unable to quarantine after.They were brilliant,one phone call and we changed the holiday to Italy!I would definitely recommend them for package holidays.
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Jet 2 are the top, top company.
I’d go with them every time and wish they would fly to Florida.
Old 26 Feb 21, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
this

we ve used them for city breaks and spain/canaries beach type trips

cant fault them great prices/service and always bang ontime

i drove past leeds/bradford airport yesterday, such a shame to see their fleet all lined up nowhere to go... hopefully fully back in the air soon
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Tui are outstanding- we have moved a holiday from may 2020 to aug 2020 to may 2021 now to aug 2021 all online
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
This.

My mum flew to Fuertventura last Feb but got diverted to Portugal due to sand storm.

Jet2 put everyone on their flight (including flight only) into accommodation at no cost including dinner, bed and breakfast.

Other airline customers slept at the airport.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

This sounds fab for jet2. It’s good to hear they have been good with amends!