Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 26 Feb 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

I would choose Sunset Lakes, we stopped at Highgrove and it was a lovely area but a bit too far out for us.
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
There really are no cons for either community they are both well located for local amenities and both communities are well looked after, I have stayed at Sunset lakes 3 times before we bought our own villa and once after we bought, and have stayed at Sue's villa and Melvin's villa on different occasions, which ever one you decide to choose you will not be disappointed.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Both are good locations although Sunset Lakes is slightly better IMHO. The setting of the actual villa would matter to me. We value privacy at the back and chose a lake view to buy. I rarely use the pool now that we live here but never get tired of sitting out with a view of the lake.

The majority of houses in Sunset Lake have a lakeview unlike Highgrove.
Old 26 Feb 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’ve stayed in both resorts, Heron Villa at High Grove in 2015 & then Lakeside Haven at Sunset Lakes in 2016. We did book to go back to Sunset Lakes last year but obviously had to cancel & if I had to choose SL would just get my vote... but only just & really only due to location to the parks.
I don’t think you’ll be disappointed which ever one you choose!
Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Can’t comment on high grove but sunset lakes is perfect for us.

It’s close to the parks, loads of restaurants near and importantly it’s very quiet and peaceful.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Prefer Sunset Lakes, lovely and quiet but close to everything 👍
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

We've stayed in both locations and when we revisited in 2019, we tried both locations again for a villa , in the end staying at sunset lakes. Both are gated and close to shops etc.

High grove

The villas are really huge and lovely.
We've stayed in one that backed out onto the open land beyond and that was nice as very private.
That area had a small stream beyond and we had an alligator in it! Great for wildlife watching.
Downside is that it is a further drive from Disney but not to the point of being too far and annoying.

Sunset lakes:
Really lovely location if you can get a location actually on the lake.
Location is excellent for Disney
Some nice restaurants a short drive away inc Outback Steakhouse and red lobster
Playground within the complex for young kids
Need to check the pool sides to see how visible the neighbours are - some are much better screened than others.

I can't pick faults with either really.
Both felt safe and friendly.
Highgrove was probably a little bigger villa
Both have villas with an upstairs which we liked.

So comes down to distance perhaps?
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

We've stayed at both, our vote would go to Sunset Lakes due to the location. I loved the style of villas at Highgrove but it's just a little further out, we always look for availability at Sunset Lakes before anywhere else.
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Can't compare but can recommend Sunset lakes. Stayed last February and we loved to the location, especially if going to Disney. Lots near by.

We backed onto the lake and had the sun all day on the pool and beautiful sunset every night. The boys loved fishing in the lake as well.

See the view we had each evening.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List