Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Apr 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Vsfan1
Earning More Ears

Disney Aulani

Good Afternoon all, apologies if this is not the right section to post this.

I wonder if anyone can help with the best way to plan/book to stay at Aulani? Were looking for September 2022

Were planning to tag in the middle of an LA trip and looking at options

How long would be an ideal length of stay or would you combine with another hotel on other side of the island? Any tips would be appreciated with experience?
Vsfan1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Can't help personally but watched a fabulous blog by L&R Dreaming on YouTube the other day and I think they stayed for 3days...it looked wonderful.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed for 5 nights, next time we’d do 7.

We had a week in LA then flew to Honolulu, 2nts there and 5 Aulani before returning to LAX and driving down to San Diego for a week.

It’s a fairly long flight to Hawaii so I think we’d always want at least a week.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Vsfan1
Earning More Ears

Thanks for the reply @Fraggle35 - thats what we watched and got us hooked on wanting to go

@Bellasmummy - do you mind me askign how you booked the trip, was it direct with hotel? DVC points or another way? Thank you
Vsfan1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We did a week at Aulani followed by 3 nights on the Big Island. This was after 5 days in Yosemite/SFl ok and before 5 at Disneyland.
I wouldn’t bother with a different hotel on Oahu as it’s not that big an island. If I went again I’d like to add on Maui.
I used my DVC points to stay there and at Disneyland but it’s worth having a look at going direct with resort as they’ve had some cracking deals recently.

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

DVC Member: BLT, BCV, SSR
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Vsfan1 View Post
Thanks for the reply @Fraggle35 - thats what we watched and got us hooked on wanting to go

@Bellasmummy - do you mind me askign how you booked the trip, was it direct with hotel? DVC points or another way? Thank you
We rented points through David’s.

Went for the cheapest room, on arrival the room wasn’t ready and we got upgraded to a 1 bed 🥳

Unfortunately we were there during the hurricane in 2018, so the stay was affected by the weather a bit. Gives us a reason to return to do it all again though!
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List