Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Apr 21, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
norwell
Dancing with Tink'

Hotels in New York

Hope to go next February to New York for the first time with my cousin and her daughter for a 50th birthday celebration. Not sure we will use the subway system so are prepared for some walking. Looking for recommendations for nice hotel and any suggestions for something special to do for 50th pressie.
norwell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Donna McG
Serious Dibber

I’ve been to NY twice and I’ve stayed at The New Yorker and Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott - Midtown. They are just a block or so away from each other and I loved the location. Close enough to walk to the main attractions but just far enough away to be able to sleep at night. I would highly recommend both hotels.

Donna McG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

We just booked a great deal with BA flight and hotel, have a look at the website.

Flights from amsterdam to JFK and 6 night 5* hotel for 500 pound pp (4 adults)
26 Feb-4 March
We are staying at the Intercontinental hotel at times square.
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

I travelled to nyc often as families are over there.. there are soooo many hotels to choose from, really depends on what you r looking for and budget. I have stayed in Waldorf, rooms are very spacious. But not that convenient, I’ve stayed in Millennium in Times Square which is very nice too, i stayed in Riu last year as it comes with breakfast which is very handy, right in time square subway and path station all walkable distance. But one down side its room doesn’t have tea coffee facilities, cant even make myself a cuppa in the morning.. 😂
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

We have stayed in a suite at the Riu Times Square but now always stay at The Knickerbocker. A stunning hotel with an amazing rooftop bar over looking Times Square.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

The Marriott Marquis Times Square was a great location!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 21, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed at the hotel metro on west 35th street the last time we went. Absolutely loved it and the location. It’s been renovated now and called the Kixby.
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Jenfie80
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve been to NYC twice and have our 3rd trip booked for November this year🤞🏻We have stayed in the westin grand central and the New Yorker, this year we have the doubletree at time square booked. Both the hotels were fab, the rooms were bigger at the westin, but both excellent for location. I was the same about using the Subway our first time but honestly it’s great, on our second trip we used it all the way to Coney Island and the other way to Yankee stadium, we got a 7 day ticket for around $30 each, it’s honestly so easy to use. NYC is great, it’s my husband’s first time this year and I’m so excited for him to see what a great city it is, both my children class it as 1 of their best holidays x
Jenfie80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
We just booked a great deal with BA flight and hotel, have a look at the website.

Flights from amsterdam to JFK and 6 night 5* hotel for 500 pound pp (4 adults)
26 Feb-4 March
We are staying at the Intercontinental hotel at times square.
Great hotel, just so close to everything but also lovely and quiet. Beautiful comfy big beds too.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List