Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Apr 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Teeth whitening cost

Has anyone had their teeth whitened by a dentist/orthodontist and can give me an idea of price?
DS19 has his braces off in the next 2 months after over 5 years! His teeth are not a great colour due to jaundice as an infant and years of medication and years ago I promised him once his teeth were straight I would pay to have them whitened and he hasn’t forgotten! Both his dentist and orthodontist offer it and both have said we can discuss it once his braces are off but I would like an idea of cost first.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Our dentist it's about £400 and they make a mould to fit your teeth, you can then buy the whitening liquid to use yourself at home every 6 months
Old 18 Apr 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My advice is to get the Trays from the Dentist and then buy the whitening gel separately. The Dentists inflate the costs of the gel and use the same stuff you can buy elsewhere.
Use a reputable Company though not E Bay!

My Wife and Son had the trays moulded for circa £100. The gels are cheaper from somewhere like Phillips Zoom. They are £49 for 3 x 6% Day/Night syringes.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Do you sleep with these trays in? I wonder how this will work with his retainer as I believe he has to sleep with that in too.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My Wife puts the trays in whilst she is ironing for some weird reason!

Maximum of an hour. However she uses Day/Night gel.

When they first came out yes it was an overnight job.

Edit. Just found the E Mail from the Dentist. My Wife had new trays back in 2018 and it was £60 to mould them and we collected them the next day. However as we are Denplan we don't pay his costs just the cost of materials.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:14 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
That’s good, an hour isn’t too bad at all. Quite tempted to get mine done too!
Old 18 Apr 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

He will probably get plastic retainers. My two have been told they’ll need to wear them forever - at first every night and dropping to every other night. They need replacing every now and then and cost £100 for upper an lower (we kept the original moulds so just take those back to the dentist). We did originally but whitening stuff from the dentist and you just put a little in the trays. You don’t leave it for long - I recall starting at 15 mins. It can burn of it comes into contact with gums/palette. They were very excited by it at first, but gave up after a while. It is something that needs doing every few months as your teeth restain. I ended up buying exactly the same product that the dentist used from either eBay or Amazon as it was a fraction of the price. However, as they say, the novelty wore off by then !
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Gosh I had no idea that whitening was such a long term thing. I always assumed it was done at the dentist!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I would also let the dentist know that he had jaundice early in life , some antibiotics used to stain teeth as they did mine and you may never get that ‘ white, white look’
I have had mine whitened on and off both at the dentist( in Canada at the time ) and the dentist here and using crest white strips.
Unfortunately my teeth did become quite porous and sensitive and were never as white as I wanted them.
My dentist offered veneers but my overall dental hygiene and teeth are very good so I decided to just leave as they are and may get some whites rips from Walgreens when we get back to the US.
I used to work with someone who’s long term straightening and whitening programme took three years, but didn’t seem to correlate that by still smoking he probably wasn’t ever going to have pearly whites

Edited at 10:25 AM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We’ve just been to the local private dentist for my daughter, cost was £75 initial appointment plus £299 for whitening treatment.
Her teeth were really yellow following braces and apparently calcification although she was cleaning as well as she could. Before going down the whitening route she had an air abrasion treatment which has done a really good job so she’s not going ahead with the whitening at the moment.
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List