Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Apr 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
gaz.s
Earning More Ears

TUI Car hire insurance upgrade

Hi All. We have booked a package for late summer 2022 with TUI, and at the time of booking we just had the "basic car and insurance" which doesnt include CDW. Obviously we need this and their quote to upgrade insurance is an extra £605 for fully inclusive or £705 for "Gold" cover. This seems a bit much for 2 weeks cover? We plan to upgrade the basic car on the day as I know you can get a good deal. From your expieriences, would it be cheaper to sort the insurance at the desk when we arrive at the time of upgrading the car?
Looking at MoneyMaxim website I can get 2 weeks insurance cover for around £110 incl CDW etc.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited at 08:42 PM.
gaz.s is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Once you arrive at the rental desk, the commission hungry sales staff have a captive audience... Theres no reason for them to discount anything down for you.

Just taken a quick look for 2 weeks in September 2022 on an economy car fully inclusive and thats coming back at £338

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. I lay money that quote from Money Maxim doesn’t include the $1 million SLI coverage.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
gaz.s
Earning More Ears

Just checked it Tom and the cover does include $1m SLI cover, policy is with Insurance4carhire. link is here. Looks ok for £130 ? Do you think this provides all the cover I'll require ? Cheers
insurance4carhire/pr...cess-insurance
Old 20 Apr 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
gaz.s
Earning More Ears

Thanks Andy. Looking at an SUV or similar. Car hire comes with the TUI package which we have already paid for, but their insurance upgrades are really expensive
Old 21 Apr 21, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by gaz.s View Post
Just checked it Tom and the cover does include $1m SLI cover, policy is with Insurance4carhire. link is here. Looks ok for £130 ? Do you think this provides all the cover I'll require ? Cheers
insurance4carhire/pr...cess-insurance
Wow, never seen it that cheap. However to get the full T & C's you probably have to enter your full personal details. Quick glance on the iPad and it does look ok but double check.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 22, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Just bumping this thread.

Looking at Orlando with TUI at the end of Oct.

Fly Drive leaving 31st October for 2 weeks - works at just under £900 after their discount. Was looking at the extra insurance for £125 as posted above as just over a grand for 2 weeks for direct flights and car hire still seems reasonable. Was this insurance legit?
Mr Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 22, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria
Getting Excited

We have a TUI package but as we are a party of 10 we have booked a passenger Van with Andy and very happy but if the insurance is coming back this cheap we could still have the car from TUI for my parents on days they don't want to be with us and i assume you just show the insurance documents at the desk when picking up the car?
Toria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 22, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Toria View Post
We have a TUI package but as we are a party of 10 we have booked a passenger Van with Andy and very happy but if the insurance is coming back this cheap we could still have the car from TUI for my parents on days they don't want to be with us and i assume you just show the insurance documents at the desk when picking up the car?
I don't believe it would even be a requirement for you to show any further insurance documents to the car rental desk as the TUI basic car hire still comes with the basic cover.

If they ask if you want to upgrade with their insurance, just say no I have my own insurance and off you go I assume?
Mr Andy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 22, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
I don't believe it would even be a requirement for you to show any further insurance documents to the car rental desk as the TUI basic car hire still comes with the basic cover.

If they ask if you want to upgrade with their insurance, just say no I have my own insurance and off you go I assume?
Thank you, I've never done it this way before. We are going to look into it and see if it is ok for us
Toria is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List