Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 12 Apr 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

We’ve just caved and booked ourselves a lodge with a hot tub for June for four nights, near York.

I honestly don’t care if it rains, I’ll still be in the hot tub enjoying myself.

We normally only do cheap uk breaks, but we’ve treated ourselves.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridafan View Post
We’ve booked a house in Cornwall - just outside Falmouth. We have never been to this part of Cornwall before and we are really looking forward to getting there. We are sharing with our daughter and her baby (we are in a bubble with her) and it will be lovely to take the little one to the beach and have a paddle. Also looking forward to eating out and not cooking anything for a week!
For your group, Swanpool will probably be the best bet as a beach. If you Google Earth it... (and my descriptions of left and right are as you look out to sea).
1. The carpark is just across the road from the small(ish) cove.
2. It has a decent beach cafe and facilities (other than the public toilets, which are off to the right and just before you cross that road.
3. It is sheltered from all but on shore winds.
4. Above and to the right is a decent quality restaurant with good views, decking etc.
5. At low tide and to the left, there is great crabbing, blennie fish (that can bite) and loads of other sea life under the stones and rocks that you can walk over sand to get to.
6. Back and right are huge granite boulders that you can set your towels in front of.
7. Front and left is a long wall with the path above that goes to Gyllingvase, good if the wind is blowing the other way to number 6. The sand is better towards this side.
8. There is never any current in the water and it is shallow as it goes out, so that on a hot day, the water can warm up.
9. The Cafe sells ‘Hedgehog’ ice creams.

To the rear and left is not very crazy golf and.. the Swanpool. It is a nice walk around as it is around 500yds by 125 yds. You can feed the numerous Swans, Ducks, whatever. it even has the occassional water rail.. and Kingfisher.

Of the other beaches that are easily accessible...

Gyllingvase is big, busy, can be windswept and the favourite with the younger generation. I find it impersonal, but Gylly beach cafe is excellent and the Gyllingdune gardens behind, very nice.

Castle is rocky and access to the water not so easy. I would probably give it a miss with a young child.

Flushing is a very local beach with no facilities.

Maenporth is very like Swanpool in all ways and the cafe, good. The Cove restaurant behind is excellent!

Hope this helps.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 04:36 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

We've given in and booked to go to Pembrokeshire in June instead of Amsterdam as originally planned.
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

We have 4 nights in London booked. I am looking forward to eating nice food, drinking wine and shopping. I have a big birthday coming up and DH wants to buy me a nice piece of jewellery. I want to have a look around the nice jewellery shops to get an idea of what I might like.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

I have just paid off our week in Brixham in June
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
I have just paid off our week in Brixham in June
Just back from here. We loved it!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Norfolk, self-catering in June & Yorkshire, beautiful hotel with a spa in September both times taking the dog as she deserves a holiday too.
Old 24 Apr 21, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
steel1203
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Really thinking about a Scotland trip but the midges are putting us off
Visit the East coast, or up to the Moray coast no midges there and both are gorgeous!
steel1203 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Butlins Skegness next month and a Premier Inn near Chessington in July for a whistle stop tour of Chessington World of Adventures, Legoland and a day in Central London (think we will head to the natural history and science museums) Hoping for a week abroad at the end of the summer hols too. Looking at what you want out of a break though Sandra I would suggest Pembrokeshire in Wales, lovely part of the world

Edited at 10:12 AM.
LizzyBear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChoppyGirl View Post
We are off to a place called Otter Falls in Devon at the end of June. We were booked for last year and they agreed just to move the booking to the same dates for this. Can’t wait!
Have a look at the garden centre at Ottery St Mary