Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Dec 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

Well had an email from BA cancelling our return flight on 5th June 2021 - not sure if it’s Just because it was from KIX or not. Seriously thinking of cancelling and planning for November instead.
Rae21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rae21 View Post
Well had an email from BA cancelling our return flight on 5th June 2021 - not sure if it’s Just because it was from KIX or not. Seriously thinking of cancelling and planning for November instead.
Due to this I think.
godsavethepoints/bri...pensions-2021/

Edited at 08:35 AM.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Rae21 we are hoping for mid-Nov ... TDR Dibbmeet anyone?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

Thanks Antony - that explains it. Won’t be making a trip a USJ then, was planning to end the trip in Osaka then fly home from there. Would only have to pay 1way on the Shinkansen so save on the JR pass as rest of holiday was based in tokyo. Will have to do a rethink now - guess if I postpone to November gives me longer to save for these kind of extras.
Rae21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

Hi, I had just come to this forum to ask what people’s thoughts were on going next year,

Our trip was cancelled in May this year so have been looking for May next year, BA have a silly price today for two weeks direct to Tokyo in May but I just can’t bring myself to book it, I desperately want to but I just can’t see it going ahead...

What’s everyone’s thoughts on May?

Thank you!
Old 17 Dec 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TeFiti
Trying for More Ears

Another one whose flight has been cancelled! We were booked to go this May, changed to next May and now Osaka is off the table with BA. Considering moving to Nov or even 2022... I think the 2 for 1 voucher will be going out the window now anyway...

Originally Posted by pinkcandy View Post
Hi, I had just come to this forum to ask what people’s thoughts were on going next year,

Our trip was cancelled in May this year so have been looking for May next year, BA have a silly price today for two weeks direct to Tokyo in May but I just can’t bring myself to book it, I desperately want to but I just can’t see it going ahead...

Thank you!
Honestly, imo, I cannot see this happening. I think Japan are aiming for Spring (April?) for tourists to reenter but this could be for tourists from certain countries (so starting with China say). Who knows if there would be mandatory quarantine etc attached to this too. Japan also have the extra complication of Olympics in Summer so I'm sure they'll not want to risk any spike in cases before this... (assuming the Olympics will happen as well!)
TeFiti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Minnie
Excited about Disney

AnthonyJ I love your giveaways, they are really kind and full of interesting Japanese stuff! We are hoping to go back to Japan next October or December. We really want to see USJ Nintendo Land and go back to Kyoto. Fingers crossed that they start letting people in by the spring
Laughing Minnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pinkcandy View Post

Thank you!
Our May trip was also cancelled this year. We have booked for next May a while ago taking advantage of the BA sale price. We added one night in a hotel in Kyoto so we only had to pay a deposit. I don’t expect to be going though but thought just paying a deposit (refundable/changeable) was worth the risk.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Laughing Minnie View Post
AnthonyJ I love your giveaways, they are really kind and full of interesting Japanese stuff! We are hoping to go back to Japan next October or December. We really want to see USJ Nintendo Land and go back to Kyoto. Fingers crossed that they start letting people in by the spring
Thank you!
I like buying the bits and bobs and giving them to family / friends - but thought folks here might enjoy more

We are going next May too - well fingers crossed!
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

Sorry to hear your flight was cancelled. Thank you for your reply, I agree with you too, I’m pretty sure Japan is a no go for us in May. Oh well better start planning for 2022

Originally Posted by TeFiti View Post
Another one whose flight has been cancelled! We were booked to go this May, changed to next May and now Osaka is off the table with BA. Considering moving to Nov or even 2022... I think the 2 for 1 voucher will be going out the window now anyway...
Honestly, imo, I cannot see this happening. I think Japan are aiming for Spring (April?) for tourists to reenter but this could be for tourists from certain countries (so starting with China say). Who knows if there would be mandatory quarantine etc attached to this too. Japan also have the extra complication of Olympics in Summer so I'm sure they'll not want to risk any spike in cases before this... (assuming the Olympics will happen as well!)