Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 20 Dec 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Abby that chocolate bark looks delicious and you are totally right, fizz goes with everything

I’m looking forward to seeing pics of your delicious sounding cheesecake too! It was Adam’s birthday last week so I made a no bake ginger nut slice. It was soo good and very zingy.

Good to see you back.
Ooh these look amazing Michelle, do you mind sharing the recipe?

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

This was what I ordered in the Cheesecake Factory - had it with spaghetti.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

I really miss food reports! Looking forward to this!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Alicia your mince pies look yummy! I've been making mince pies this morning. Photos later...As for your cocktail shaker, would you believe I have two of course I have

The peppermint bark was easy. I followed a recipe from Tasty. 300g of dark chocolate melted in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Add 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract, then pour into a rectangle dish (I lined mine with tin foil). Freeze for 5 mins. While the dark choc is in the freezer melt 300g of white chocolate and bash up your candy canes (I used 12). Pour the white chocolate on top of the dark then put the crushed candy canes on top. Freeze for an hour, then break up. Mine was rock solid and the breaking up part was tricky, perhaps I should have waited a little while after taking it out the freezer we loved it and it barely lasted the evening.

I'm looking forward to seeing your other tasty treats. S'mores are something I've never made.

Pomegranate Juice was with all the other cartons of orange, pineapple, cranberry juice etc. I don't know that I'd ever seen it before either, but I suppose it's always been there.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Hi Abby,

Lovely to see you back posting. I’m loving the thread so far! Looking forward to your updates
Keira is currently making some sort of cookies. I’ll post a pic later. While she is doing that I’m sitting drinking tea and dibbing
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Sounds perfect Kelly definitely share a photo of the cookies, I'd like to find a recipe for gooey chocolate chip cookies...I'm so going to be on the naughty step in a couple of weeks time it's lovely to hear from you. I'm busy pretending there is no World outside my window. I hope you're well.

A x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

My very first festive hot drink from a local cafe takeaway...Black Forest Hoc Chocolate...it was amazing and better than the one I usually have in Costa!
The box underneath has some fabulous brownies and cheese scones balancing in the background-perfect to help finish off the last of my present wrapping marathon...
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

The treats inside the box-yummy!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Ooh these look amazing Michelle, do you mind sharing the recipe?
Very Simple No Bake Slice
Base
2 x packs of biscuits ( I used 1 pack of ginger nuts and 1 pack of hob nobs - the ones without chocolate)
1 x tin condensed milk
3 x tbls golden syrup
2 x tbls butter melted

Topping
1 x block milk chocolate
2 x tbls coconut oil (the type that solidifies when cold)

Bash the biscuits and mix with the condensed milk, golden syrup and butter. Press into a lined tin and refrigerate for an hour or so.

Once the base is set, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave (short blasts and mix in between zaps). Once melted pour over base and refrigerate for another hour or so. Slice and try not to eat it all in one go.

You can make this into any type of slice, change the biscuits, add marshmallows or malteasers to the base or the topping! If you need a thicker topping just use two packs of chocolate.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

The girls have been busy making Christmas Puddings with Guides on a zoom meeting...trying to stop the malteasers from sliding off the terrys chocolate orange took some patience!