Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 29 Dec 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lesley Cassidy View Post
Dh brought me 3 lots of perfume 2 being dkny and 212 sexy.Despite me telling him I didn't want any as I have loads off perfume. And last Christmas CD which I already have.He has a list on his phone which is from last year and this has caused huge arguments in our house
Aww its not worth arguing over! I've not mentioned to dh I didnt need any more perfume. Will just make sure I tell him next year!
They do try! At least you got something, unlike the poster who got nothing!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I got a subscription to the SAGA magazine ! He will be lucky to make it to New Years Day 🙀

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

DH bought me a camera so that I could keep an eye on the horses when they were travelling in the trailer, not a fail as I love the idea.
However, unfortunately he didn't check the trailer wiring to see if there was a cable for power.
He is now talking about rewiring the trailer.
Old 29 Dec 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
they would need someway of keeping the milk cold as don't fancy milk sat out for 7 hours or so!
Chilly Bottles are excellent at keeping liquid cold for 24 hours so this would possibly work with milk.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Got my middle DD some Babyliss hair straighteners as she’s always using my Ghds - which are quite old now (and couldn’t afford ghds as she already wanted Airpods as well). Anyway, she has declared new straighteners as “rubbish”. I’ve used them (to test after she said this). They seem fine to me, but she does have much longer, thicker hair than me. Obviously can’t return as we’ve already used, so either we swap straighteners, or sell on Ebay I suppose. I’m tempted to persuade her to swap as she’s forever borrowing mine and forgetting to return, which is why I bought them in first place!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
My sister in law bought me a foot hammock - it hangs from the underside of a table. I can’t work out if it’s a joking present (and I have no sense of humour) or whether she thought it was a good idea?
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
Got my middle DD some Babyliss hair straighteners as she’s always using my Ghds - which are quite old now (and couldn’t afford ghds as she already wanted Airpods as well). Anyway, she has declared new straighteners as “rubbish”. I’ve used them (to test after she said this). They seem fine to me, but she does have much longer, thicker hair than me. Obviously can’t return as we’ve already used, so either we swap straighteners, or sell on Ebay I suppose. I’m tempted to persuade her to swap as she’s forever borrowing mine and forgetting to return, which is why I bought them in first place!
I have exactly the same problem with my daughter. My cloud nines are permanently in her room. It’s as if I am going borrowing hers not the other way round !

I feel slightly better that some gifts have been even worse than mine. The Saga subscription

Edited at 07:41 AM.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I will happily share my subscription to SAGA 🤦

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

My mother in law bought my husband a cheeseboard set. Save for a bit of cheddar, he never eats cheese. I also got a random Santa lantern thing.

I don’t know if her gift choices are down to her finances, as she’s not got a lot of money, or just not knowing what we’d like.

Once we get towards next year, I’m going to suggest hubby speak to her about not exchanging presents anymore, and having a meal together each year instead. We made this change a few years ago with his Dad, and it’s lovely, as we don’t see a huge amount of each other.
Old 31 Dec 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I can honestly say that this year all my gifts were lovely 😊

My MIL didn’t send any gifts this year so that’s probably why 😂😂

Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List