Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Apr 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Maggi68
Excited about Disney

How busy is it in July? (2022)

We've been hoping to go back to Florida for the last few years but haven't got back yet.

My daughter is still in school and my husband works in education too but they have different holidays so the only time we could visit is July.

Last time we went at Easter and our holidays were different to most of the UK so it was relatively manageable but is July ridiculously busy? Looking at next year so thinking there is also potential for it to be busy as people may be allowed back?

My daughter will be 15 by then so not too young and we've already been once so can take it easier but don't want to be struggling in long queues and heat every day and not enjoying it?!

Another random question, pre-covid we'd look at a condo that was near to a smaller shopping centre / restaurant complex set by a small lake. I'm sure it was something 'gardens' but now can't find it! 😂 It wasn't Winter Gardens, I'm sure it was below I drive, there was what looked like a complex of restaurants nearby on the map and lots of others along a larger road and a Millers Ale House within a ten min taxi ride. Million dollar question but anyone know where I may be thinking.of? It might not have been gardens but I'm sure it was!
Maggi68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We go in July and always find it manageable. In fact we love it 😍
My husband and I were discussing July 22 yesterday and we both think thats its going to be a lot busier because a lot of people have changed their 2020 & 2021 trips to 2022 and its the 50th celebration.
So we think it will be a triple whammy 😬😬
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Barlah
Helping Mickey

My last 8 trips to Florida have been in July and it is hotter/humid but is still manageable. I have booked July '22 and look forward to it just remember to sunscreen/drink water regularly and you will have no issues. Before we were restricted to school holidays I had went in September, October and three times at Thanksgiving and I preferred the November dates because it was cooler and fewer people in the parks other than the public holidays but you can miss out on certain rides due to refurbs.
Barlah is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
It's very busy and very very hot. Manageable if you plan and get up and go at park opening, book rides etc. Drink plenty and walk through the shops to get the aircon.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Serious Dibber

Our first trip was during July and while it is busy as long as you plan your FP and ADR's it shouldn't be a problem. We've also been in May and I wouldn't say there was a huge difference in crowd levels but the weather in July is much hotter for sure! There seemed to be a lot more frequent down pours in July too so pack that poncho!
WDW 'Once in a Lifetime trip' - July 2017 -- OKW DLP - July 2018 -- Hotel Cheyenne WDW POR Royal Guest Room -- May 2019 WDW POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2022 WDW Contemporay Resort & POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2023
Belle1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List