Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Mar 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Whoppery5k View Post
Does anyone else spend hours a week reading up on the American vaccine rollout, Disney news and plans or is it just me...
This is killing me 🤣
You’re not alone. Clinging to any hope!
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

If you look at Fox 35 website it details everything going on regarding the vaccine I believe it will be 1 July or symbolically the 4 July when borders will open fingers crossed
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

I just don't see quarantine even being in the picture. If that's still an issue then FCO advice will be not to fly. Therefore flights not flying either.

Any announcement to "open" travel to the US will implicitly mean no requirement for quarantine at either end.

Can't say the same for testing or masks but I get the feeling we're rapidly moving to a full drop of restrictions in the US by mid summer.

I've given up worrying until we hit mid April or May. That's when the big announcements are due.
Wolf1984 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

You can't be worrying about the restrictions in place now, because that will change once the death rate reduces and boarders are lifted.
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MellyElly
Excited about Disney

Imagine we’re all thinking there’s a chance we’ll not be going and then BOOM july - borders open, travel resumes , we’ll all be holiday shopping and living at the gym in prep for our trips 😂

(Or i will... i need to know so i can buy copious amounts of new denim shorts and go to the gym everyday to try burn off my lockdown weight)
MellyElly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Ugh don't even mention lockdown weight gain! I lost over 2 stone before our last trip, lockdown brought it ALL back. Every. Last. Pound.

First trip to Florida: June 2013
First family trip: Disney Oct 2019
Latest family trip to Florida: Treasure Island, Universal October 2022

Edited at 09:35 AM.
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
lovestoplan
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by irnjaw View Post
Ugh don't even mention lockdown weigh gain! I lost over 2 stone before our last trip, lockdown brought it ALL back. Every. Last. Pound.
"Lockdown Beef" is an official term in our family now. Accompanied by optional belly jiggling!
lovestoplan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lovestoplan View Post
"Lockdown Beef" is an official term in our family now. Accompanied by optional belly jiggling!
That term made me laugh!

I'm in the process of loosing my lockdown chunk, although the amount of chocolates and sweets from my boys for Mother's Day may have stalled that sightly...
3 weeks Cocoa Beach, Regal Oaks, CBR & HRH August 2015
Birthday trip NYC April 2016
East Coast 7 state Road Trip Aug 2017
West Coast Arizona, Nevada & California Aug 2018

TAKE ME BACK!
Girlw0nder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

So what do we think will be the drop dead date when we are either going or cancelled?
I know potentially May is when we are allowed to Travel if all goes to plan but if US still hasn't opened the borders how close to our flying dates will they wait before cancellation.
Also just read that BA doing Vaccine Passport which if you have had 2 jabs you can register as safe to travel but this throws another spanner in the works as most of us in here I assume won't have had both vaccines especially kids as they might not have either had one but definitely won't have had both.
This also then begins to head towards people being descriminated against due to their age as this is primarily how our vaccine roll out is being managed.
FYI. I have no issues with the rollout or how it's being done.
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by curlysue2 View Post
So what do we think will be the drop dead date when we are either going or cancelled?
I know potentially May is when we are allowed to Travel if all goes to plan but if US still hasn't opened the borders how close to our flying dates will they wait before cancellation.
Also just read that BA doing Vaccine Passport which if you have had 2 jabs you can register as safe to travel but this throws another spanner in the works as most of us in here I assume won't have had both vaccines especially kids as they might not have either had one but definitely won't have had both.
This also then begins to head towards people being descriminated against due to their age as this is primarily how our vaccine roll out is being managed.
FYI. I have no issues with the rollout or how it's being done.
If all goes well, it could be that a travel corridor between the UK and US will be one of the first agreements in May. We might possibly be able to go there before Europe at this rate. Omg, I said something positive... 😂

I just saw the BA thing too. I won't have had both jabs by August, but surely there'll be a way around this.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List