Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Apr 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Diznut4eva
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by MellyElly View Post
Why did you ask in the first place if you knew about this ? O.o

Think negative nancy got lost...

There has also been various articles in the UK listing which places are likely to be on a green list which include US , Malta , Maldives etc
It matters not one iota where we’re allowed if the places we want to go won’t let us in.
Diznut4eva is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Hopefully USA will take us off their red list mid May.

Can't see why they wouldn't.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Diznut4eva View Post
It matters not one iota where we’re allowed if the places we want to go won’t let us in.
Think you are in the wrong thread.

You are obviously pretty negative, so best you leave.

"Positivity only on this thread"
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Diznut4eva
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by MellyElly View Post
Why did you ask in the first place if you knew about this ? O.o

Think negative nancy got lost...

There has also been various articles in the UK listing which places are likely to be on a green list which include US , Malta , Maldives etc
Also my “I can” was because the previous post mentioning CNN or CNBC was brought up which I knew about, my original query still stands, I’ve not seen any news recently, which is why I was asking.
Diznut4eva is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Diznut4eva
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
Think you are in the wrong thread.

You are obviously pretty negative, so best you leave.

"Positivity only on this thread"
I don’t do positive/negative, just in search of facts. That’s what we all crave, surely?

I saw people on various forum accused of being negative because they though travel to the USA wouldn’t return by the end of last year, I also saw people staying positive thinking we’d be back underway travelling by now, neither will help.
Old 18 Apr 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

I don’t do positive/negative, just in search of facts. That’s what we all crave, surely?

I saw people on various forum accused of being negative because they though travel to the USA wouldn’t return by the end of last year, I also saw people staying positive thinking we’d be back underway travelling by now, neither will help.
Post your "facts" as you call them elsewhere please.

Again, you are in the wrong thread.
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Diznut4eva
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
Hopefully USA will take us off their red list mid May.

Can't see why they wouldn't.
It’ll be interesting how it happens, when trump was about to allow us in, back in late January it was widely reported that he was going to drop the proclamation few weeks before, it was then reported that Biden was going to reintroduce it, both were accurate reports, we have nothing to go on for far.
Old 18 Apr 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It’ll be interesting how it happens, when trump was about to allow us in, back in late January it was widely reported that he was going to drop the proclamation few weeks before, it was then reported that Biden was going to reintroduce it, both were accurate reports, we have nothing to go on for far.
In the politest way possible, it seems from reading your other thread, that you have a vacation booked later in the year, that you’d prefer could be easily cancelled. Borders opening up will not help you and so the feeling I was getting (and I may be wrong) was that you’d prefer them left closed. I think you are concerned about quarantining abroad with children if you test positive before coming home, which is completely understandable. Many people will feel the same way and do not want their insurance companies given the opportunity to say ‘use it or lose it’ (I think you said).

You have a very valid viewpoint and I respect that.

However, equally many people will be hoping for boarders to open for their own reasons. Homes or family abroad; mental health; or simply they can’t wait to start living again. They aren’t worried about or can manage the quarantine issue and are not concerned about their children being affected because their have risk assessed the threat for themselves. All equally valid.

You are right that we don’t know yet which way it will go. The hopeful cannot say we’ll definitely get to the US this year and the less hopeful can’t say that we won’t. We will find out soon in the coming months.

This is the positive thread, which is simply a place for the hopeful to chat and share rumours with the full understanding those rumours may be nothing more than just that. We are not claiming to know definite information. We are not claiming to have inside info. It’s simply hope... and as you say will not make a difference to the outcome. But people are ALLOWED to hope.

We can hope borders open, and you can hope they don’t (if that’s your position). Both are acceptable.

One thing many insurers and travel companies are doing, is allowing people to delay their holidays, cancel or in my case, cancel if I learn I would have to quarantine. (Although I would still go personally). Everyone must be aware of the terms and conditions of their bookings right now, that’s the only really certain thing.

Edited at 12:10 PM.
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rjhsteel View Post
Post your "facts" as you call them elsewhere please.

Again, you are in the wrong thread.
Yes, there is a time and a place. I use the little red button. As is by magic negativity disappears and positivity abounds.

And it's not about burying your head in the sand I think it's right to be positive on this anyway given how things are progressing.

Edited at 12:31 PM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

The clue to this thread is in its title.

I would prefer that the doomsayers and pessimists started their own ‘doom and gloom’ thread. Then I can avoid it.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List