VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Another Birthday Trip, Oct 2019 - Day 14, Hollywood Studios, Magic Kingdom, Swimming and Millers

The previous day is HERE.

Wednesday 16 October 2019

Despite a very long day yesterday, I was awake just before 7.25am. I caught up on social media on my phone and could soon hear movement downstairs, along with Madison and Kaley waking up. At just after 8am, we were all up and having breakfast.

We got ready to go out, the kids all watching the TV for a bit first, and left at 9.50am.

The road name our house was on

We were going back to Hollywood Studios this morning. Our first FP had been for Star Tours at 9am, but this was just made as part of the three you have to book. Our main purpose for going today was for our FP for Slinky Dog Dash.

As I mentioned yesterday, we had been included on the booking for BLT so were classed as onsite guests today, meaning we didn't need to pay for parking. We were parking in Mickey 309 at 10.08, just in time for the start of our 10.15am FP window for SDD.

We walked from the car to the entrance. They had just opened up some new bag check lanes so it didn't take long. Saying that, the guy that Phil went to was very slow.

We stopped for a few photos on Hollywood Boulevard, though not for any PP's as the lines for them were all long

Looking back towards Crossroads of the World, it was very busy

We quickly walked round to Toy Story Land (busy, busy)

The detail for this land, and this ride, is brilliant

It was just after 10.25am when we got here, and the standby time was 70 minutes.

Madison had decided she didn't want to go on so Phil took Kaley, whilst Madison and I went to wait to see if we could see them

I think it was at this part of the ride that we did see them. I hadn't watched a ride through of this so thought that the curved drop part that you walk past when walking through TSL was after this so we rushed there, not realising they had already done this part of the ride.

Their ride photo

We met up with them at the exit to the ride. They had both loved it and Kaley wanted to go back on. As we had FP's for the four of us, Kaley and Madison swapped Magic Bands so that Kaley could use Madison's FP. We went and joined the FP line

We tapped in at the second point at 10.42am and were off the ride at 10.52am. Though that wasn't long, the way they opened up the lines and mixed the FP's in seemed odd, and people behind us in the FP line ended up on the ride before us.

Anyway, this was a brilliant ride and I was glad that I got to go on it and Kaley loved getting a second ride on it. Annoyingly, our ride photo never appeared in our MDE account and we realised too late to do anything about it.

We met back up with Phil and Madison and walked through a very busy TSL (the wait for Alien Swirling Saucers was 35 minutes ) to Star Wars Land

Busy-ish

Some photos as we were walking through

It had gone very sunny again

We hadn't had the PP photo taken where it is one of those zoom in, taken from a distance ones, so joined the line for that

The normal picture, before you turn around for the long distance picture

We carried on walking through

And had a quick look in the shops

This price!

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23

Edited at 04:20 PM.
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

The entrance to Rise of the Resistance

Where you can buy the special Coke and Sprite bottles from

Out of Star Wars Land and going back down Hollywood Boulevard to the exit

The sky looks very grey here, but you can see in the next photos that it is still very bright

One last photo of the entrance

We got the tram back to the car at 11.50am, getting straight in the car and we were on our way to the Contemporary to park there, using the BLT Magic Band. We were parking in here at 12.10pm.

We followed the path to the walkway to MK

Pluto bus

I've not made a note but I'm sure we saw Ryan, Bethany, Piper and Cody on the walkway heading back to their car, stopping to chat for a few minutes.

We weren't in any rush so had taken a slow walk, getting through to the train station at 12.30pm

We went in and it was so busy! Even just inside the park there were so many people. Thankfully, we weren't here to do anything in particular so took a couple of photos of the Halloween decorations

Then Phil decided to do some of the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom game and Madison went with him.

While they were doing that, Kaley and I were just outside the Emporium and saw Dan, Dave and Cole inside. They said how busy it was and that they were leaving soon. They were looking at some of the small toys for Cole and were trying to decide whether to wait in the long line to pay.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults

Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

We went back outside and waited for Phil and Madison to come back. They weren't long and as they had completed that part of the game, they went to get some more cards.

When they had them, we walked up a very, very busy Main Street

Over the bridge into Liberty Square

As we didn't come into MK on Saturday, going to the house to go swimming instead, we had missed out on eating at Columbia Harbour House so that is where we were going for lunch

Picture from a different day, it was nowhere near this quiet!

It was so, so busy in here. We stood just inside and I couldn't get mobile order to work. Thankfully Phil was able to get it to work, as the line to order was out of the door. We ordered two chicken and fish combos and two fountain sodas. I didn't take a screenshot of the order but I do know it was around $35, very expensive for two meals and two drinks. I really do find the food here expensive when you actually have to pay for it.

We went upstairs and had to wait a few minutes for a table to become free.

Soon enough, the app updated to say the food was ready so I went back downstairs to collect it

Close up of the Halloween themed cups

The food was all good and we ate it quickly, not hanging around when we were done as there were people walking around looking for places to sit.

We took some castle photos on our way back to Main Street

We were going to go to the Plaza Ice Cream Parlour but as we walked there, none of us were really in the mood so left it.

Last few photos as we left the park

I would have liked some more PP photos, and in HS too, but it was so busy and the lines so long that I didn't want to wait.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

Old 3 Mar 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Daisy and Dumbo buses

As we were walking on the path back to the CR, a monorail had pulled into the MK station so Phil wanted to wait and get some photos as it came past us

We didn't have to wait long before he had his photos and we carried on with the walk

We were quickly back at the car and on our way out at 1.53pm. We had had less than two hours in each park but other than SDD, there wasn't anything else we had specifically gone in for. It was just that last visit to each park before it was time to go home.

We stopped at Walmart on the way home to pick Kaley up some goggles as the pool water had really irritated her eyes the other day. They were $6.41 including tax. The receipt says I paid for these at 2.15pm so we would have been home about 5 minutes later.

When we got back to the house, Phil dropped me and the girls off and then went and parked the car (there wasn't space on the drive for four cars). He took some photos on his way back

(Not a sign I want to see! )

Looking back at the communal pool area, which we never had a chance to even go and look at, let alone use

The outside of the house

Madison and Kaley had already joined the others in the pool and Phil got changed and into the pool as soon as he got back. I wanted to get the packing done and managed to do most of this while they were swimming. Because of this, I don't have any pics of them in the pool today.

They got out after an hour and a half, two hours, and all had showers and got ready to go out for dinner.

We left at about 4.50pm, and saw these guys crossing the road on our way!

We were soon at Millers, where us, Mum and Dad, Dan, Dave and Cole and Ryan, Bethany, Piper and Cody were all having dinner together.

We were seated immediately, at two booths next to each other, which was perfect.

To start, we shared a Tex-Mex Chicken Nachos, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses, tortilla chips, roasted chile spiced chicken, pico de gallo, scallions and drizzled with garlic-lime crema. Served with a bowl of white queso, $11.99

Sorry, rubbish picture of the nachos

This was really good, you can't go wrong with nachos and melted cheese.

For mains, Kaley had Meatballs, Pasta and Garlic Bread

She loved this and ate it all.

Madison had Mini Burgers and Fries

She ate all of hers too, and also loved it.

Everyone else had been to Millers before (it was our first time) and had raved about the Zingers, so I knew I would be ordering these

Phil and I each had the Zingers Mountain Melt, Zingers, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses, applewood-smoked bacon and scallions on a mountain of seasoned fries, $13.29 each. We each had two sauces with them, Phil having Sriracha BBQ and 5 Pepper Fire, not shown in his pic

For my sauces, I had Garlic Parmesan and Honey Mustard

These portions really are huge! I suppose the description mentioning mountains gives it away! The food was so good, it was all so tasty and I made a good dent in mine and Phil made a bigger dent in his. I was glad we had finally tried eating here, it is another one to add to the visit again list.

Mum and Dad paid for our food for us here, as we had got their Blaze and Polite Pig meals earlier in the holiday using our credits, so I don't have the receipt for the total cost.

Madison and Kaley wanted Mum and Dad to come home in our car with us so they did. We hadn't been out too long and were back at the house by 7pm.

I did a bit more packing while the kids played for a bit before Piper and Cody went to bed.

Madison and Kaley were in bed a bit before 9pm.

We all stayed up late again, talking and playing with Cole, who wasn't tired in the slightest, and he ended up in bed quite a bit later than he normally would. London Has Fallen was on the TV so we watched that while we were talking. I don't know what channel it was on but as soon as it finished, it stared again, very odd.

It was about 1am when we all went to bed.

My steps for today - 20,229
Phil's steps for today - 16,194

Next up, Disney Springs, Longhorns, Florida Mall and Home Time is HERE

Edited at 06:48 PM.
Old 3 Mar 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day we have started sharing the zingers as they are so big!

Joan