Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 Mar 21, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Louiseanne View Post
Thanks everyone that is really helpful. The weather updates are really good DaisyChick. We are planning to go the back end of August / early September before DD goes back to Uni.
Are you planning to travel this year ?
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Louiseanne
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by inky1 View Post
Are you planning to travel this year ?
No August 2022. We’re not even going to try going abroad this summer. At least we’ve got plenty of sightseeing and beaches close by.
Louiseanne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Louiseanne View Post
No August 2022. We’re not even going to try going abroad this summer. At least we’ve got plenty of sightseeing and beaches close by.
Oh that’s ok then I’m sure everything will be fine by then
My friends daughter lives in Sydney and they haven’t been able to see her since last March
the restrictions are still tough but appear to have been really effective.
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

We're looking at Australia for October/November 2022. We had looked at last year, but we never got further than looking, fortunately.

I've had a quote from Freedom Destinations, for over £14,000 for 2 of us for 18 nights I approached Trailfinders and spoke to them a few weeks ago, but they haven't come back to me.

I'm also going to get a quote from the local T/A I used when I went to Kenya, but unless someone offers me a realistic price, I'll be booking DIY!
Old 21 Mar 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Daft Vader
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
We're looking at Australia for October/November 2022. We had looked at last year, but we never got further than looking, fortunately.

I've had a quote from Freedom Destinations, for over £14,000 for 2 of us for 18 nights I approached Trailfinders and spoke to them a few weeks ago, but they haven't come back to me.

I'm also going to get a quote from the local T/A I used when I went to Kenya, but unless someone offers me a realistic price, I'll be booking DIY!
£14000 😱
I had 11 nights booked in a four star Brisbane hotel for me and two children with Singapore Air flights and it was £2700 for all three of us! That was with Trailfinders but it’s not very reassuring that they didn’t get back to you.
Daft Vader is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Trailfinders might be a place to start and try

weather2travel/

for information about the weather. You will be travelling in spring and Australia is so big the weather will vary considerably depending on where you are wanting to travel to.

Good for research australia/en-gb
August is very much winter. Weather in Melbourne and Sydney could be dry, sunny but chilly, or could be absolute miserable driving sideways rain! I did 7 August’s in Melbourne... 😂

However the weather would be lovely Brisbane and north.

I’m not a travel agent person so I can’t help you there
Old 25 Mar 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I’m interested when travel to and from Australia will be allowed as son lives in Melbourne. He was suppose to visit last year but couldn’t so don’t know when we will see him..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
holidayforever
Serious Dibber

Did 6 weeks Tour of Australia booked it all myself, internal flights in Australia are like getting on a bus over here , stayed in hotels that rooms were like small apartments they had kitchens in them. Went in June / July it is there winter but still warm especially in north Australia. Stayed 4-6 nights in each hotel .Like watching Married at first sight Australia only just finished series 5 and seeing the places we visited.

Edited at 12:05 AM.
holidayforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

About 20 years ago, We landed in cairns at the end of sept good weather but be preparedfor flies. Stopped for a month, we drove to darwin covering about 300km a day. Took about a week. Then to the red center and took an internal flight to sydney.A mix of hostels (private room), wild camping in the middle of nowhere and hotels. Booked through octopus travel ( kuoni budget at the time). Bought tent, sleeping bags from Target in cairns.

We saw snakes
(and birds flying off with snakes), had food stolen by kites, and were woken up by wild horses in the middle of nowhere.
Drove 300km one day and passed one road train and a couple of cars for the whole trip (on a laser straight road almost). Innocently throwing the pasta water awsy only to find a wild kangaroo with joey lapping it up.
. We saw raging electrical storms playing over mountains in the distance. Swam in creeks, saw crocs, lizards, birds of all kinds.
. Went surfing at manley, walked the harbour bridge, took a ferry at sunset.

Would heartily recommend driving and getting off the beaten path, a month wasnt enough. The people were lovely,
moreso in the outback. Was invited to stay at school headmasters house in a small village called Croydon, he was an ex pat geordie.

Was the single most awesome trip we have ever done. A true country of wonders.

Edited at 01:22 AM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 01:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

We booked with Trailfinders and they were fabulous, also they were able to get offers/deals that were better than I could find.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List