Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Mar 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

What do you see as the ‘limited’ experience?

Hi all,

I read on here quite a lot about how many people are postponing their Disney trips whilst the experience will be ‘limited’.

I totally understand that a theme park trip to Orlando is an expensive outlay and people don’t want to fork out for a ‘lesser experience’. I guess I’m just wondering whether I’m missing something in terms of what things will be missing?

I must admit I’m not keen on wearing masks outside in the heat, although I’m hoping as the year progresses this might not be a concern. Aside from that is it the possibility of no fireworks and character meet and greets people are worried about missing? Anything else?

I’m not remotely being argumentative, I’m just trying to ascertain whether our trip will be disappointing too - we don’t worry about fireworks (the Magic Kingdom New Years Eve fireworks have literally ruined any other fireworks, even Disney’s ‘regular’ ones for us now), and as for character interaction, I personally will be gutted at the thought of not hugging chip n Dale, but everyone else not so much! 😂

I guess I’m just wondering if that’s what people talk about when they say they won’t go until it’s a ‘full experience’, or if there are other things missing that I haven’t registered?

We are meant to be there in October and taking my sons girlfriend for the first time and I’m hoping (masks aside) that she won’t notice things missing as she doesn’t know what to expect anyway, or am I deluded and it’s going to disappoint her?

Many thanks for any thoughts 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Good question. I’m not sure either. The last time we went, we queued up for all character meet and greets including Sophia the First. Not sure my now almost 16 and 13 year old DS will be up for that. We’ve seen the fireworks lots of times and whilst disappointing not a deal breaker and DH absolutely hates waiting around for parades so that wouldn’t bother us either. The mask wearing thing will be a pain in the heat (and rain) but sometimes now I forget I’m wearing it so hopefully won’t be too bad.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
we are due to go for halloween now
I believe people are meaning parades fireworks and meet and greets
luckily none of these are on our to do list my kids want to ride lol theyre pre teens now, character meets even if i like them are decidedly uncool in their eyes as it parade watching

I dont know how we will go on fast past wise we normally use a disability pass as lucas has autism and adhd

we dont stay for fireworks as they crowd to get out freaks lucas out as well

Edited at 09:55 AM.
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
No fast passes so you will be queuing for a minimum of 60 minutes for any attraction

No fireworks, limited parades, no character interaction

Some restaurants closed

Social distancing and masks

Still full price tickets
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
No fireworks, parades or character meets won’t affect our enjoyment. They’re not elements of the parks that mean a lot to us. Usually we try and see the MK parade once but I wouldn’t be upset missing it. We’d never stay in MK for the fireworks anyway due to the crowds.

I suppose for me the biggest issue is lack of FP. We always make good use of the FP system, especially while in the parks. We very seldom use the standby queues and I don’t relish the thought of enormous wait times. I hope they bring it back soon or at least some form of virtual queue.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

The fireworks are a big thing for us, I think the wee mini cavalcade parades are pretty good right now and it wouldn't bother me if they kept them like that. The big miss for me would be fast passes not being brought back, some of the wait times are way more than I'd wait for right now and that's even with reduced park capacity.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

For me it’s the shows. I like most rides but I absolutely love the lion king and Nemo, plus always see Indiana Jones, Beauty and the Beast etc. As far as I am aware these are not currently on, that’s my deal breaker. Thats why we will do US - not much emphasis on shows.
babbymint is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

The fireworks and meet and great don’t bother me. I don’t get the point of the cavalcades as people are still lining up to see them why not just do the parade just don’t announce the time so people aren’t waiting 2 hours before
Old 20 Mar 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Fireworks don't bother us, Fastpass don't bother us, (we get a DAS pass anyway) shows don't bother us (seen them all before) any parades we catch as we move around the park,
Masks we don't mind but not worn them in Florida heat but we only go for half days in the parks anyway.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Rosie12
Earning More Ears

If we’re allowed to go, we’re going! I would be incredibly happy if fp’s were back, but it wouldn’t be a deal breaker. I love parades but the cavalcades look a great alternative. We’re not massive into character meets anyway.
Rosie12 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List