Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Mar 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Not when it costs £2,000 for a family just to visit the parks. It’s okay if you are loaded
£2000 - I wish. Costing us £3400 for four of us. (That’s Universal and Sea World/Busch in addition to Disney)
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
£2000 - I wish. Costing us £3400 for four of us. (That’s Universal and Sea World/Busch in addition to Disney)
I find it amazing people would buy so many tickets unless you are staying for a month. Terrible value for money.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
I find it amazing people would buy so many tickets unless you are staying for a month. Terrible value for money.
In your opinion. How can you possibly judge what someone else considers value?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
In your opinion. How can you possibly judge what someone else considers value?
It is my opinion. Welcome to a discussion forum where the idea is you air your opinions.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

Going to throw my opinion into the mix...
I’m a first timer have never stepped foot in Orlando or America.

I started with a booking for May 2020 with free dining and all planned out. It has now moved from May 2021 to May 2022

When I booked I had visions of the shows, the fireworks the parades and my dining was sorted. My husband and I saved for a good 3 years for the full experience. I know people say shows/ fireworks and characters meets would not bother them but from most responses most people have done these things at some point in the past so they were important at some point in the experience.

My original holiday my children would have been 9 and 6 now they will be 11 and 8 but I know if I am spending £10k on a holiday (original holiday was under £8k with free dining) I need to feel like I’m getting a full experience especially as it has become more expensive for less everytime I have moved. I will keep moving it until I feel like I am getting the dream holiday I had hoped for.

Edited at 02:41 PM.
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Lack of parades, fireworks, meet and greets and even dining choices puts the people who would be doing those things back into park traffic , add in no fast passes and queues with some people trying to social distance and others not bothering to and for me it’d be too busy and less of a happy place so we are skipping the parks until a more normal experience is back.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi Amy

Will she be disappointed? No, how could she be because as you rightly say she has no benchmark.

Will you be disappointed that she’s not getting the full experience you are used to and would wish for her to have?

I think that’s the question you have to answer

I’m hoping we may be able to have ten days or so in Orlando (or probably coastal FL) in October but we will save the parks for another time. Easy for me to say though as we aren’t planning on taking a first timer (and if the kids want to do the parks, they can pay and we will drop them off).

I don’t know what I would do if I was taking a first timer, but I’d be confident that at least some of the current restrictions will have unwound by then.

Xxx
Old 21 Mar 21, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Obviously we have been a few times, but we now rarely do any character meets, maybe watch MK fireworks once and Fantasmic. We rarely dine at Disney, so the only thing we will really miss is fp. Oh and the shows. I do agree it’s less for the same money, but I think if they charged less for the tickets, they simply wouldn’t have the capacity as that would encourage more folks to visit. For us, it’s still worth it and as we aren’t huge Universal fans (I would be happy to never go there again, I can’t spend that much money just for the Harry Potter stuff and a maximum of 2 visits for us) we will still spend quite a lot of time at Disney. I understand those that want to wait though.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I haven’t read any of the replies, but for us the only ‘restriction’ is no fast passes. We go for the rides, the music/atmosphere, shops, food/snacks. We enjoy the fireworks but tend to just watch once at MK and once at Epcot in a 3-4 week trip, so although they’ll be missed, we can go without. We don’t have any character interactions or character meals but we are also lucky to have been many many times.

If it were a ‘once in a lifetime’ trip or one with small/young children then we would wait a few years. As we go with teen/adult kids and have DVC we wouldn’t have a ‘limited’ experience (except queuing longer than 20 mins for a ride as that is normally our limit).
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Happy to go as it is now, anything else would be a bonus

If the plane is going and the parks are open then Im going. I’ve been 14 times and know how to get around the crowds and lines if I want to. Probably wont bother to be honest though. A slow paced meander around world showcase and a nice sit down on Nemo is an energetic park day for me these days and it sounds truly wonderful.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List