Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 21 Mar 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

That looks lovely Omega!
Old 21 Mar 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
Just discovered him this week,as I’m watching a lot of you tube lately whilst furloughed.
OMG on some,he has literally made me laugh out loud,I said to my husband he’s certainly got some rattle lol!
He’s brightened my days lol!
Tracy x
He really does cheer me up Tracy, his Christmas party nights in Thailand are a good watch, we got into him through watching his Tenerife vlogs as he was there for 3 months when he couldn't get to Thailand. He was on Blind Date back in the day. 😁
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We stayed in Phuket in 2014 - if you can be bothered there's pics and reports on my travel page on FB - and absolutely loved it.

We got a fantastic deal on a villa with it's own pool that was within a resort so really had the best of both worlds.

We explored Patong (bit too hectic at night, but great for day time shopping), Phi Phi and the islands close to it (stunning).

If I went again, Chang Mai and Kao Lak would be the areas I'd want to explore, mainly for the diving from Kao Lak, that was my only let down with Phuket, far too choppy to be in the ocean.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We went to Hong Kong and Thailand for our honeymoon and had an amazing time. We did 3 night in Bangkok - loads of things to see and do.
We then went south and stayed in Krabi ( was the Sheraton but think it’s been renamed)
This area had been recommended by a few people to us, it’s beautiful down there. Also close to places for trips like phi phi islands, James Bond island, Riley beach etc.
Plenty of bars and places to eat at n Krabi town itself.
Oh and Hong Kong is fabulous too!
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
I would say avoid Pattaya for your first visit to Thailand,probably the worst introduction to a country you could have.
It’s certainly the place best suited to the single men,if that’s what they are going for,which certainly isn’t all single men before I get put in my place for generalising all of them in one sweeping statement.
Tracy x
Such a shame, how it changed. we went in 1979 & it was fabulous. We really enjoyed trips to the floating market, temples & specially the River Kwai railway & boat trips down the river. The guides wearing leather jackets thought we were crazy to want to swim as it was winter there. Only 90f! We stayed in a wonderful little hotel in the jungle & all the waiters wanted to know about was Man United! Happy days - hope yours are as good.
disneywiseowl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

I went to Bangkok in June 2018. I spent a week there and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did a trip report (link in my signature )

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

been to Bangkok, mental & fascinating place, this was 20 years ago

another vote for Koh Samui , we went 2 years ago, beautiful place with loads to do, stayed in Mae Nam, we also visited Koh Toa & Koh Pa Ngan on boat/snorkelling trips
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Trouble3
Apprentice Imagineer

Trouble3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I went to Thailand for Christmas & New Year about 12 or 13 years ago.
It was my first "singles holiday company" tour.

We stayed in a lot of hotels whilst touring and most were really lovely, but as we were only there for 1 night we didn't really get to enjoy them.
We had a longer stay in Bangkok (for New Years Eve, which was fantastic) and Pattaya for the beach holiday side of the tour.

We flew into Bangkok and then travelled by coach, stopping off in various places/hotels, on the way up to ChangMai/ChangRai, then flew back to Bangkok.
It was a fabulous holiday, but very tiring.

I'd love to visit again, it's a wonderful country, but I wouldn't/couldn't do a tour again; it would kill me now, physically and mentally.
Old 24 Mar 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I did a 3 centre trip many years ago now (I think there might still be a trippie on here I wrote)

We did Bangkok (love love love Bangkok)
Chiangmai - we stayed in a hotel called the Rarinjinda. It’s really really nice
And we chose Phuket, stayed in a resort called Kata

One of my fave countries
Old 18 Apr 21, 04:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Gordonn3
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Another vote for Koh Samui. We had a family holiday there 3 years ago. It is a beautiful island. My then 6 year old keeps asking to go back there.
Gordonn3 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List