Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 26 Mar 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Westhamtillidie View Post
I have used Davids for many transactions without any problems, however I have got 700+ points sitting with them at the moment, since at least the begining of the year & have not heard a peep out of them as for any possible bookings, never had this previously so getting a little worried.
I suppose they are likely to have far more points than usual being offered through them whilst travel is restricted but, even knowing that, it's still a worry when you have no way of knowing quite how likely it is that your points will eventually be rented out.

I have taken my points off David's listing for now, and will probably just try the FB group and see what happens. I don't have very many to rent out anyway (always used to wish I had more!).
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I have only rented via David’s once (when I bought a loaded contract in 2016 and could not use the banked points). I put them up with David’s at lunchtime, and 50% were gone by about 5pm and the rest went a couple of days later.

This time I went the Facebook way,as well as a Dibber and a points transfer.

Whilst initially I fielded a lot of time wasters on Facebook, I then got a couple of great renters on there. One has just been (ex college programme cast member) and sent me a photo as they were upgraded to 1 bed at Boulder Ridge, and stayed at Riviera as well. I rented a studio for 2 nights over the anniversary to the other US renter and that went with8n hours.

Given David’s new clauses I can’t see the point really of going with them now, at least until they get back to the usual demand outweighs supply status again then it may be worth it as a hassle free way of renting but I’d have to consider the new terms carefully. David’s old contract was rubbish anyway.
Old 26 Mar 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I've never been a fan of using a 3rd party as have rented my points several times over the years directly to other members (using the Disboards in 2006/7, then Facebook group) with no issues. I just didn't see the point of paying someone when you're doing the leg work yourself anyway.

This year I considered it because of all the uncertainty so did look into them for a stress free option, their policy has now changed so that if the reservation is cancelled (eg through Covid), you have to refund all money that's been paid to you, potentially putting your points at risk...

You could argue that DVC have been very good and in the event of hotels closing that your points may not be at risk, but there are just too many variables and too much unknown.

That was the decider for me, the appeal of using them was to give myself some protection, but they've taken that away so all the risk is on the DVC owner.

It's left me a little unsure of what the incentive is to give them any money.

Good luck in whatever way you decide to do it - we've banked all remaining 2021 points into 2022 and booked a trip for October with 2020 banked points.
I have listed my points with Davids and can’t see where it says that if they cancel I have to repay the money

Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place

Can you tell me where I should be looking ?
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Originally Posted by JoJoBell View Post
I have listed my points with Davids and can’t see where it says that if they cancel I have to repay the money

Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place

Can you tell me where I should be looking ?
Sorry, I have just seen it in the agreement

Not sure what to do now

I listed 328 points that expire the end of march and they have a reservation (if I have replied quick enough) for 278 points for February

Obviously if it has to be cancelled then I may be left with points that expire in just a few weeks because I can’t bank them as they are banked points

Edited at 05:16 PM.
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 21, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
I have emailed Davids to ask them to clarify the clause in the contract. This is what they replied

Hi Jo,

Thanks so much for reaching out.

When Disney closed this past year and Owners points were returned to them all of the points received an extension of either 6-months to a year based on whether or not they had previously been banked.

The only time that we would ask for funds to be returned or points to be re-rented is in the event that the resort closes and the guest is unable to check into the resort. Should this happen we would assume that Disney would follow the same protocol and extend Owners points to allow for future use.

We would then prioritize your points to have them re-rented as quickly as possible.

I hope this has been helpful.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Sincerely,
Caiti Miller
Team Leader

Thought some of you might find that usefull
Old 27 Mar 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJoBell View Post
I have emailed Davids to ask them to clarify the clause in the contract. This is what they replied

Hi Jo,

Thanks so much for reaching out.

When Disney closed this past year and Owners points were returned to them all of the points received an extension of either 6-months to a year based on whether or not they had previously been banked.

The only time that we would ask for funds to be returned or points to be re-rented is in the event that the resort closes and the guest is unable to check into the resort. Should this happen we would assume that Disney would follow the same protocol and extend Owners points to allow for future use.

We would then prioritize your points to have them re-rented as quickly as possible.

I hope this has been helpful.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Sincerely,
Caiti Miller
Team Leader

Thought some of you might find that usefull
Does the new contract say they will only ask for refunds if the resorts are closed? If no, why not?
It isn’t correct that all points were extended by 6 months is it? Mine haven’t been extended. The only extensions are if you had 2019 points banked with a use year before June (?)
Old 27 Mar 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Does the new contract say they will only ask for refunds if the resorts are closed? If no, why not?
It isn’t correct that all points were extended by 6 months is it? Mine haven’t been extended. The only extensions are if you had 2019 points banked with a use year before June (?)
Taken from my agreement when I registered my points

In the event of a Force Majeure (as defined in this paragraph), each party shall be excused from any future performance of obligations under this agreement; provided, however that if Intermediary has paid 70% of the funds collected for the reservation from Guest to DVC Owner pursuant to 4(f) of this Agreement, DVC Owner will return to Intermediary the full amount it has already received from Intermediary, as soon as is reasonably possible after the conditions(s) constituting the Force Majeure event is/are notified by Intermediary to DVC Owner. A Force Majeure is an event beyond the Intermediary’s reasonable control which renders performance of a rental reservation with respect to DVC Owner’s rented points impossible or substantially impaired, including without limitation, acts of God, acts of government, embargoes, war, riot, epidemic, pandemic, natural disaster, governmental order restrictions and Disney Vacation Club closures or cancellation of reservations.

For all other cancellations by the renter it says they are to take out adequate travel insurance

I can’t bank my points as they are banked points and like you and really can’t see DVC allowing me to bank them again

Edited at 07:58 PM.
Old 30 Mar 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hil View Post
I have taken my points off David's listing for now, and will probably just try the FB group and see what happens. I don't have very many to rent out anyway (always used to wish I had more!).
Update in case it's helpful for others in a similar position - I emailed David's (thanks to info from a previous poster ) and they responded very quickly to confirm that my points had been taken off their listing, but to tell me I would be welcome to add them back on in the future if I had any available.

Since then, I have so far managed to rent out enough points through the FB group to cover my dues. One of the transactions was very straightforward, the other one took a little more working through but we got there. I'm delighted with the outcome so far :-)

I may just bank my remaining 2021 points, but will review when I get nearer to my banking deadline.
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Can anymore pm the link to the Facebook group please?
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
Can anymore pm the link to the Facebook group please?
And me too. :-) Thanks
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List