Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Mar 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Talking Missing it so badly that...

Just answered a question about cruises on another thread and started thinking in depth about cruising in general and how much I'm missing it all...

I said that I'm missing it THAT much I could even go a Muster Drill right now and said that anyone who has cruised before would know how boring THEY are once you've done your first one!

Made my hubby laugh!
But - he agreed!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 21, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Yeah I hate the muster drill, they don’t even let you drink 😂
Old 24 Mar 21, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

The last muster drill I did, I was on a weekender to Bruges with girlfriends. They had never cruised before and were so excited. When the steward came out to demo the lifejacket, he stood right in front of where we were sitting, and once he had harnessed himself up, well let's just say it was a snug fit and did not leave much to the imagination in the trouser area! My girlfriends and I turned into fits of stifled giggles, we didn't know where to look - it was so awkward!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Haha, you have it bad! The worst muster drill we attended was on a Costa cruise in Dubai. It took place in the blazing sun, in six languages with English being the last. By this time the Italians were all talking, blowing their whistles and generally wandering about - nightmare, it must have lasted over an hour.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Definitely one of the most boring but most important part of a cruise. Do like it when we do a back to back cruise and can watch all those just boarding attend muster drill and we can sit on our balcony with a glass of something cold and nibbles. Yes, we really miss cruising alongside Disney but won't do either until masks are gone.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 05:44 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’m a little sad we won’t be on our cruise in September (still booked but we won’t be going on it , masks etc ) .
Three years ago I slept through muster , the night before the rest of the family were due to fly home after our Florida wedding and we planned on cleaning the villa the next morning before heading for Port Canaveral . However their flight was cancelled and I finally got them rebooked a little after 1am for a 7am flight out of Orlando indirect so never got to bed by the time I’d booked them a day room for the Boston layover and rebooked the car to pick them up at Gatwick so I just started cleaning til it was time to take them to MCO.
I’m sure they came to the cabin but I was out for the count (husband went after giving up on trying to rouse me apparently) . All I got was a note telling me off the next day.
Three hours on hold to Norwegian to get rebooked wasn’t so bad when it was on a lounger by the pool listening to the crickets as well as “your call is important , blah , blah” endlessly ... in Norwegian .
Ahhhhh those were the days !
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So when I booked our staycation yesterday Princess mentioned they now do the muster drill in your room from the television rather than having to go out on deck. Quite excited to try it!
Old 25 Mar 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Me too, apparently we need to check in at our muster station, to show we know where it is, anytime between embarkation and sailing, then the information watched on a device on the Medallion app or stateroom TV.
Is this just a covid thing, or how it will be in the future?
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I think that one will stay, makes perfect sense .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
Me too, apparently we need to check in at our muster station, to show we know where it is, anytime between embarkation and sailing, then the information watched on a device on the Medallion app or stateroom TV.
Is this just a covid thing, or how it will be in the future?
No so I googled and this is a the way they now do it! Very exciting to try