Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 30 Mar 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
1 bed. Kidani vs OKW for 4 adults

Following on from my grumble below. We can manage 9 nights in OKW / Kidani or Jambo. I’m only considering these as they have the extra chair bed.

I like the space of OKW and the extra bathroom in Kidani. Any thoughts? The location of the bathroom at OKW concerns me a little.

Have stayed in both before but only in a studio. Neither are my preferred location, but the 1 beds at the Boardwalk don’t have the extra chair bed so I’ve ruled them out 😭
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I have stayed in 1 beds in both. It’s really a matter of personal preference as to resort I’d say as whilst OKW is a bigger room, Kidani is a very spacious room also.

I personally prefer OKW. This is mainly because at Kidani there’s nowhere to run or walk and I don’t like the pool due to it being full of stinging bees, although of course you can use the Jambo pool.

OKW 1 bed is very large, Kidani has the 2 bathrooms which is a boon. Both have identical sleep layouts with both a sofa bed and the very good bed chair.

I had no concern with the location of the bathroom at OKW. I think I read somewhere there’s two different layouts, one where it’s totally separate and one with a through door (could be wrong but I’m think I read this).

OKW is refurbed recently of course, Kidani possibly needs a soft goods soon but when I last stayed in Summer 18 it wasn’t bad.

Edited at 12:47 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Im pretty sure through door is in buildings 30+ at OKW (happy to be proved wrong!) Its really useful though saves the little ones waking you if they need the bathroom in the night.
OKW is fantastic, loads of space, huge refurbished rooms and great laid back feel.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Im pretty sure through door is in buildings 30+ at OKW (happy to be proved wrong!) Its really useful though saves the little ones waking you if they need the bathroom in the night.
OKW is fantastic, loads of space, huge refurbished rooms and great laid back feel.
Thanks I thought I’d read that.

I’m trying to think what ours had when we last stayed a good few years ago and can’t remember, I think it had the through door but can’t be sure. We were in 39 that time.

Edit: Yes according to the ‘Other Board’ blocks 30 up have the additional door through the laundry room. So one of those may be ideal Bev. I’d personally go for that.

This has got me thinking- I’d like to stay there again soon! 2016 when I was last there.

Edited at 12:59 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I think I am also leaning towards OKW. Although the ‘kids’ are 18 and 23 so waking in the night isn’t an issue. Getting them to go to bed might be!
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I think I am also leaning towards OKW. Although the ‘kids’ are 18 and 23 so waking in the night isn’t an issue. Getting them to go to bed might be!
OKW is perfect at that age the single bed in the lounge is really comfy and big. Double pull down also. Clears up in 5 mins in the morning as well.
So easy for the "little ones" to get to Downtown Disney.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Thanks I thought I’d read that.

I’m trying to think what ours had when we last stayed a good few years ago and can’t remember, I think it had the through door but can’t be sure. We were in 39 that time.

Edit: Yes according to the ‘Other Board’ blocks 30 up have the additional door through the laundry room. So one of those may be ideal Bev. I’d personally go for that.

This has got me thinking- I’d like to stay there again soon! 2016 when I was last there.
See you in August! Booked 15th.

We were looking at photos yesterday of my brother and his wife in hard hats when they had just started building OKW. Just one block built. They bought 400 points at $50 a point when dollar was just about 2 to 1. They got 10 years park passes and loads of perks, one of the very first to buy in. We went 94 and they used to have free beer and buffet lined up in the Hospitality House every Tues - Wed. Oh how times have changed! He bought another 250 that trip.!

We bought in and have never regretted it. OKW every trip though!

Sorry bit off track! but mention OKW and off I go!

Book it Bev!

Ha edit to say they had hard hats being shown around not building it as it reads 🤣

Edited at 04:07 PM.
Old 30 Mar 21, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

I would prefer OKW as its lovely to go on the boat to Disney Springs. I would say Kidani is far away from all the action unless you love the wildlife.

I slept on the sleeper chair in the main room for 2 weeks and it was fine. We we're 5 friends sharing and bathrooms we're okay for us.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Bev we found the one bedroom at OKW perfect when visiting with DDs aged 21 & 18. The separate sofa beds and entrance to the bathroom from both sides was perfect! We were in TP area, maybe building 32 or 33 from memory but I think the advice you’ve had already is correct in terms of buildings and bathroom entrances.

Though the second bathroom would be a boon at Kidani 🤔
Old 30 Mar 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
See you in August! Booked 15th.

We were looking at photos yesterday of my brother and his wife in hard hats when they had just started building OKW. Just one block built. They bought 400 points at $50 a point when dollar was just about 2 to 1. They got 10 years park passes and loads of perks, one of the very first to buy in. We went 94 and they used to have free beer and buffet lined up in the Hospitality House every Tues - Wed. Oh how times have changed! He bought another 250 that trip.!

We bought in and have never regretted it. OKW every trip though!

Sorry bit off track! but mention OKW and off I go!

Book it Bev!

Ha edit to say they had hard hats being shown around not building it as it reads 🤣
Ha, I’m meant to be in New Orleans, Vegas, Palm Springs, Grand Cali and LA in August. I’ll be at WDW at Xmas though I hope.