Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 4 Apr 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Fast pass rumour

Seen on a Facebook group and I have no idea where it originated, but I read a rumour that fast passes will be back - for on-site guests only. 3 per day if you stay at a value, 4 at a moderate and unlimited at deluxe!
If it's true, looks like Disney really are targeting the big spenders. As with all rumours, take with a pinch of salt. Of course it might have originated on April 1, in which case ignore completely but it's an "interesting" idea...
Old 4 Apr 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
Seen on a Facebook group and I have no idea where it originated, but I read a rumour that fast passes will be back - for on-site guests only. 3 per day if you stay at a value, 4 at a moderate and unlimited at deluxe!
If it's true, looks like Disney really are targeting the big spenders. As with all rumours, take with a pinch of salt. Of course it might have originated on April 1, in which case ignore completely but it's an "interesting" idea...
I think that sounds like an April Fools too! I can imagine something of this nature happening but I think unlimited fast passes for deluxe resorts is definitely wishful thinking on someone’s part. Can’t see why Disney would do that.
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I think that sounds like an April Fools too! I can imagine something of this nature happening but I think unlimited fast passes for deluxe resorts is definitely wishful thinking on someone’s part. Can’t see why Disney would do that.
I guess it would be on a par with what Universal do at their 3 deluxe hotels.
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

While I agree that it’s likely to be a April fool; unlimited fast pass for deluxe hotels is not that far fetched as that’s exactly what happens at the moment at Universal
Derbydave4 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I can’t see them penalising offsite guests like that unless there’s a paid option as well.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Very true - but WDW has so many more deluxe hotels than universal, I just wonder what sort of effect it would have on the fast pass queues?

I’ve always found it hard when folks get so cross at the idea of WDW taking free fast passes away from offsite guests, when Universal have always given them for free to onsite guests only - but I think that’s the point - Universal have always done it, but if WDW change to the same format they will be taking something away from offsite guests which many will resent.

I just think the added salt in the wounds of giving deluxe guests unlimited fast passes will be a step too far for some. And this is from someone who owns DVC so would most likely benefit from it, but I just think it would give too much bad press. But perhaps I’m wrong 👍
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Very true - but WDW has so many more deluxe hotels than universal, I just wonder what sort of effect it would have on the fast pass queues?

I’ve always found it hard when folks get so cross at the idea of WDW taking free fast passes away from offsite guests, when Universal have always given them for free to onsite guests only - but I think that’s the point - Universal have always done it, but if WDW change to the same format they will be taking something away from offsite guests which many will resent.

I just think the added salt in the wounds of giving deluxe guests unlimited fast passes will be a step too far for some. And this is from someone who owns DVC so would most likely benefit from it, but I just think it would give too much bad press. But perhaps I’m wrong 👍
But offsite universal guests have the option to buy express passes.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Last rumour I heard was paid for Fastpass in a similar vein to Disneyland, cynical me has felt that this was inevitable with the way Disney have been going, hopeful me was hoping for only rumours Now do they then decide that you can get some free for onsite guests? Are they still going to need them with virtual queuing?

Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
But offsite universal guests have the option to buy express passes.
Oh yes I know, but the fact that people offsite have had fast passes free at WDW before will make several offsite guests very resentful having to now pay for it - we’ve seen it over and over on threads on here over the years when it’s even been mentioned as a possibility. 👍
Old 4 Apr 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Universal used to have an express pass option free to all guests. I still have some of the paper tickets somewhere.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List