Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Apr 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Wot no Disney - Well just a smidgeon - July 2018 mainly offsite trip report - Day 10

Wot no Disney - Well just a smidgeon - July 2018 mainly offsite trip report

Index is here

Thursday 12th July - Doomed?

Breakfast at club level this morning. A pretty good selection, meats, cheese, fruit, pastries, cereal, cinnamon bun and pancakes. Coffee, tea, soda, fruit juice and iced water.

Tonight’s menu looked better for me.

Today was the water rides so no phones but we did have our photo card thing.

We headed into IOA with the intention of doing the water rides, which we did. We also did Dr Doom even ds, actually he did it twice, things were looking up, this was always the ride I was most scared off so we were both conquering our fears. Dh and I did Hulk, then we all did one fish two fish, this ride is my guilty pleasure, I love everything about it. We also did the barges a few more times. All were very quick with express pass. It was a great morning.

We had bought Blue Man Group tickets through Orlando attractions but when I phoned to book they advised that because I had 3 voucher codes we might not all be sat together unless we went to the box office so we trekked over there after IOA. They were easily booked for later in the holiday. We nipped into Universal via the side entrance and did Minions.

All starving we stopped at Panda Express and had 2 plates between the 3 of us. Fried rice, orange chicken, pepper chicken, steak and shrimp and shrimp and walnut. All fab but no photos as I didn’t have the phone.

We did the Royal Relaxation from 4.30pm to 6.30pm in club level again. A couple of drinks, some very nice Orange chicken and rice and cheese and crackers.

After the food we headed into IOA, on the boat this time as there was one pulling into the boat deck as we passed.

Again Harry Potter was the priority and Ds was kitted out in his second favourite house, Hufflepuff, again from Asda. Yes he had all 4 after saving up some pocket money to put towards them, saying that it was still about half the price to buy the 4 from Asda rather than 1 at Universal. It was fairly busy but not crazy.

Photos with the Hogwarts Express and all the good spots at Hogsmeade.

We did forbidden journey twice, never a good photo with this, Dh can only manage it once as it makes him feel sick.

Then we watched the Hogwarts lights with a frozen butter beer. This was really great to see.

After we got the Hogwarts Express to universal and tried to watch the cinematic spectacular thing, we ended up on the wrong side of the lake though so will try again another night. The parks are way busier at night than they were last year.

We were liking club level but at this point I felt unsure that the timings were working for us. I wanted to head somewhere for a drink and a snack once the parks closed but Ds was too tired so we ended up back in the room eating Pringles. Not ideal. The breakfast was great and I really liked the 2 hours between 4.30-6.30 but it was eating into our park time.

Steps: 9K plus steps without fitbit for water rides.

Highlights: Ds - Doom. Dh - Barges, Me - Hulk
Old 18 Apr 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good dayb

Joan
Old 18 Apr 21, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

It's really interesting to hear what you thought about the club level. I um and ah about whether we'd really benefit, so it's great to get your opinion on how it works. Thanks 🙂
And you have some lovely photos today.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another good dayb

Joan
Thanks. I love trying to do a morning of water rides, it is so much fun.

Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
It's really interesting to hear what you thought about the club level. I um and ah about whether we'd really benefit, so it's great to get your opinion on how it works. Thanks 🙂
And you have some lovely photos today.
Thanks. I think you can make it work for you. Once I relaxed and realised that we had loads of park time and enjoying club level didn't mean we'd miss anything I was better. I liked the breakfast and a glass of wine with a snack later. I'd do it again but not for a short trip. We booked 2 nights in Feb at HRH and the upgrade to club level came up but we all agreed that the express pass trumped club level and we would have our relaxing time at Sapphire Falls, now if they or Aventura did club level...
Old 28 Apr 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
A nice easy breakfast and another busy day. I love the water rides at IOA, they are awesome! Panda Express lunch is always delicious and the Club Level dinner looks tasty too. Great that you managed to see the illuminations, bonus for the frozen butter beer.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
A nice easy breakfast and another busy day. I love the water rides at IOA, they are awesome! Panda Express lunch is always delicious and the Club Level dinner looks tasty too. Great that you managed to see the illuminations, bonus for the frozen butter beer.
The water rides are better when you are staying onsite and you can head out the parks before the chaffing sets in

Did you try the hot butter beer on your Christmas trip, we had it in February 2020, its amazing, just as good as the frozen stuff.
Old 29 Apr 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
The water rides are better when you are staying onsite and you can head out the parks before the chaffing sets in

Did you try the hot butter beer on your Christmas trip, we had it in February 2020, its amazing, just as good as the frozen stuff.
You are so right, nothing like wet underwear to make you walk funny.

We didn’t even know there was hot butter beer must put that on the list for another Christmas trip! You are my go to lady for food/drink recommendations
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
You are so right, nothing like wet underwear to make you walk funny.

We didn’t even know there was hot butter beer must put that on the list for another Christmas trip! You are my go to lady for food/drink recommendations
😂

I was desperate to try the hot one, I wish they’d keep it all year round. Even Dh who doesn’t do hot drinks liked it. Food is another subject I’m always a bit too happy to discuss. 😂