Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Apr 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Kitchen sink taps

Hi

With the build up to sorting out a new kitchen, i've been looking at things like sinks and taps.

I'm thinking about having a brushed gold tap and have seen one by gappo that I like.

I've also seen taps with a pull out bit on the end like this . Are they any good, would I use it or is it likely to break? Not sure!

x

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

something i'm starting to look at myself actually! bathroom refit starts next week, so now its time to start concentrating on the kitchen...

i've kinda set my sights on a pull out sprayer, but also potentially want a boiling water option too

instead of the nozzle pulling out the end of the spout though, i'm thinking more like this style...

(but with a boiling option too)

amazon/Professiona...f_=as_li_ss_tl
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Just check your water pressure is suitable for the type of tap you buy
I lave my spray tap
Don’t have a boiling option tap now I just always felt the water made tea taste really odd but I know other like them
I don’t know how they work in a hard water area as we have really soft water but a water softener might be worth looking at as well
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Hi

With the build up to sorting out a new kitchen, i've been looking at things like sinks and taps.

I'm thinking about having a brushed gold tap and have seen one by gappo that I like.

I've also seen taps with a pull out bit on the end like this . Are they any good, would I use it or is it likely to break? Not sure!

x
I have a Grohe with a pull out hose and it’s so handy I love it. You can also chose whether to have a normal flow of water or a spray (think I was told it was a salad spray when I bought it). I will always get one in future
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Ah yea i've seen those ones too. I defo do not want a hot tap thing and I'm pretty sure our water pressure is okay.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The advice I will always give on Taps is be prepared to change them!

Sad to say the internal discs don't have an unlimited life and sods law when they need to be changed they are either no longer made or if they are it's a nightmare to find them.

I always favour British or German made products as normally no matter what the outer coating is be it chrome or something else the body tends to be brass which is better than steel. Personally I like Bristan or Peglers as a make.
But they are not cheap.

A tap like this will be over £200.

Have a look at the Pegler Galiceno. That's a nice one

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 01:03 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Thats like mine (except my is brushed chrome) great water. Pressure and works well but the lever is getting wobbly. It looks nice in my stainless steel butler sink but the wobbly handle means I will want it replaced sooner rather than later ... its style over substance (and not cheap)
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

I have a quooker flex and I find the pull out bit is surprisingly useful!

I thought I would never find a use for it, but its used all the time. Its not a spray, though, but I don't know if you want that.

Personally, I would not choose one of those tall taps, with the spring like coil around the neck. I would imagine that it would trap dust and dirt, and it would drive me crackers
Old 20 Apr 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ncmurray View Post
Personally, I would not choose one of those tall taps, with the spring like coil around the neck. I would imagine that it would trap dust and dirt, and it would drive me crackers
I am with that - I haven’t used the spray thing and I would never get another one. The limescale from the cold tap part (hot gives via softener) mean I have to dry it with a sheet of kitchen roll every time I use it else it looks marked and that gets to me. I go through a roll of kitchen roll every day or so !

Edited at 03:06 PM. Reason: Spelling/typos
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Thats like mine (except my is brushed chrome) great water. Pressure and works well but the lever is getting wobbly. It looks nice in my stainless steel butler sink but the wobbly handle means I will want it replaced sooner rather than later ... its style over substance (and not cheap)
MF. I suspect the wobbly handle has a small hole in it somewhere that you can insert an allen key and tighten it up.

I know you don't like doing jobs and are a self confessed 'no tools' person but you can get a half decent set on Amazon for about £12. Might be worth a shot?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List