Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Feb 17, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Weather at Christmas for beaches?

Planning a trip at Christmas and New Year to the Atlantic coast probably. I know the weather can be a bit unpredictable but looking at historical data, seems to be around 25c. Better than home anyway! Has anyone stayed on the Atlantic coast at that time? The seas are rougher but the kids prefer that! Probably looking at Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Beach
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I've only been once in Dec but it was cold. Too cold for me to go in the water or pool (even though heated) kids went in the pool though. Been 3 times in Jan, only once for 2 days was it hot enough for me to swim.
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

I had heard of other people saying it was cold but the historic temps say mid 20's. Not sure whether to risk a cold snap!
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
This shows the recorded temperature for each day in December. Some pleasant days some cool days.

accuweather/en/us/orl...nyr=12/01/2016
Old 22 Feb 17, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We went three times in December to WDW - once the weather was OK and twice it was very cold, most unpleasant. So now we avoid December.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 04:04 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I've only visited once in December but for 9 out of 14 days it was really cold. Only two days even the kids would swim. One quite pleasant at Discovery Cove but the wetsuits helped. Some days we had winter coats and hats and gloves and scraped ice off the car. I would not personally book a beach holiday in the area in December.
Old 23 Feb 17, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We go this December January and I contacted people who had been there this year and they had weather in the 70s most days and on New Year's Day they swam in the sea and drank champagne on the beach 😎 Even if it's cold it's warmer than here
Gusgusmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

I would throw my hat in to the very difficult to predict - we went Xmas 2015 and only a few days was it warm enough to swim, a lot of other days hat and gloves on, hoodies etc, the locals had huge winter coats on, nothing like as bad as it was at home, but couldn't have sunbathed or been in the pool for v long. Discovery Cove was 'interesting' in the cold we were offered a refund it was that bad, but us brits are brave aren't we and the wetsuits did help. I wouldn't bank on a beach holiday and would take some woollies along just in case - you would hope you wouldn't need them but you can't bank on anything.
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
loubieloo
Imagineer

We went 27th Dec2014 for 2 weeks, the weather was beautiful! We managed a trip to Anna Maria, a water park day and a trip to discovery cove on NYE. Discovery cove was a little chilly in the afternoon as it started spitting.

We only had one cold day and that was only for a few hours one morning at AK.