Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Feb 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Just booked Premier Inn for our night before stay - £44.50! Been watching for ages as its been £74.50. Its about a mile from the airport but they have a shuttle bus you can book to take you to the terminal.
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks for all the advice. It is really crazy how much cheaper it is to go from Manchester than Glasgow!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
annedawso
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by k100dmk View Post
If i can jump in on this thread and ask a few questions, we are planning on staying at the radisson blu after a friend has told us they can get us friends and family room rates but they cant do that on the parking deals so we would be booking the parking direct with manchester airport, can you go to the parking (meet and great) then access the hotel from there?
We have done the same and from what I have read it is just a walk through the terminal afterwards to access Radisson Blu.
However I am considering dropping our luggage off to hotel first then doing meet and greet so no luggage to haul through airport.
Have used the meet and greet before and that was great.
Can't decide if to do twilight check in or not. Just worried that we will have stuff I would normally put in suitcase with us on the day. Hairdryer etc.
Flying PE so queue isn't normally that bad on the day.
Decisions, decisions.

LBV Resort and Spa- 2009
Emerald Island Villa -2013
OKW -2014 YC -2015
Tenerife and cruise in Med 2016
Easter 2017. BCV 7 nights, 6 nights GFV. 3 Portofino Bay
August 2017. YC 14 nights. 4 days Portofino Bay
August 18 -5 nights NY, 11 nights PORFQ
August 2019 10 nights AKL 6 nights Universal
AUG 2020 CSR 15 nights?
annedawso is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
If budget allows, then I'd go for the Radisson Blu, but if you want somewhere a bit cheaper look at tue Premier inn at Heald Green (around £35 in the sale). It's right next to the station 1 short stop (5 minutes, if that) from the airport station at terminal 2. If you look in Google maps or earth you'll get a good idea if it's location. My husband stayed there last year before he came out to join the rest of us and said it was very easy and convenient.
Hi Vickie... this is our PI of choice too, less than a 200 yard walk from Heald Green station to the PI. It's quieter as it's far smaller plus HG town is a short walk with plenty of places to eat, the chippie is supposedly very good. £6 taxi fare to the terminal if booked with Reception upon arrival. £32 for our room last November.
Old 25 Feb 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Frange View Post
We are also flying from Manchester this year because it was a lot cheaper despite living literally 2 minutes from Glasgow airport! We have always flown direct from Glasgow but not this year. Crazy! We are a family of four (2ad + 2c) and we decided to fly to Manchester rather than drive or take the train. Flybe go from both Glasgow and Edinburgh to Manchester. Its probably a bit dearer than taking the train but I didn't fancy lugging 2 children, 4 suitcases + hand luggage down to Manchester on a train. Also my car isn't big enough for all 4 of us + the luggage. So we went with Flybe. 1 hour on the plane - straight into Manchester airport. We tried to book Radisson Blu for 1 night but they don't seem to have any rooms to accommodate 4 people. Max room occupancy is 3. So I would have needed to book 2 rooms which was too expensive for 1 night. We have therefore booked the Clayton hotel which is literally across the road from the Radisson Blu and it looks nice. £135 for a family room. Its is bonkers that I am still much cheaper flying from Manchester, with additional Flybe flights and a hotel for 1 night than I am to go direct from Glasgow! Scottish holidaymakers getting ripped off as per usual!
We did it the other way round in 2014, saved a grand flying direct from Glasgow instead of Manchester. I don't think it's Scottish holidaymakers getting taken advantage of, but those with kids that stick to the holidays !