Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 4 Feb 18, 12:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile Tickets for 1st timers

I am just wondering what tickets to buy and so confused. My daughter will be 7 so will we get the most out of a Disney ultimate ticket?
We also want to visit Universal and see the whole of Harry Potter.
All advice and help welcome. We are going on Oct for the first time for 10 nights/11 days.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
I am just wondering what tickets to buy and so confused. My daughter will be 7 so will we get the most out of a Disney ultimate ticket?
We also want to visit Universal and see the whole of Harry Potter.
All advice and help welcome. We are going on Oct for the first time for 10 nights/11 days.
If you don't want the Disney Ultimate have a look at the Magic Your Way Tickets, you can buy these for how many days you want.

The same with the Universal Base or Park Hopper tickets you can buy them for how many days you want. Don't forget that if you want to ride the Hogwarts Express at Universal you will need a Park to Park ticket, if not the Base tickets will do. There will come a cut off point where it is just as cheap to buy the 14 day tickets for Disney and Universal.

Links below for the Disney and Universal tickets so you can see the prices. Also try undercovertourist.com to compare prices.

Disney Magic Your Way Tickets.

orlandoattractions/t...kets-worldwide

Universal Base and Park to Park Tickets.

orlandoattractions/t...dios-worldwide

Disney 14 Day Ultimate ticket £342 adult, £323 child, using code saveten.

floridaescapes/spe...ry-maker-offer

Universal 3 Park Explorer ticket £215 adult, £210 child, using code 5save.

floridaescapes/spe...rer-2018-offer

I think you need to pay in full at the time of booking to get the above prices for the Disney Ultimate and the Universal Explorer tickets.

Edited at 03:57 AM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 06:11 AM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

We've bought the WDW magic your way base ticket with water parks many moons ago but unless you're only going for a relatively short stay, it's more trouble than it's worth.

Trying to figure out how many days in the parks, to try and save a few dollars. The 14 day ultimate ticket ("special offer" - same price as the 7 day - has this "offer" ever not been on?) is really decent value. Just a blanket go where you want, whenever you want for a fortnight within WDW. Don't get me wrong - still a fortune for a ticket.

In comparison, a 10 day magic your way with park hopper and water parks is £382. The same price as a 14 day ultimate. I think I'm right in saying the Magic your Way doesn't include the Memory Maker photo package which is excellent.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Personally for a first time , assuming there are plans to go back, and given you are only going for 10 nights, I would save universal for next visit, and just get a Disney ultimate
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I agree with 10 nights, just probably concentrate on Disney first time. If you buy the U.K. Disney 14 day ticket you can have at least 1 day at a water park for more relaxation, have some pool time, go play Disney mini golf free etc. And you get Memory Maker and all the photos and videos. Trying to do all of Disney, and all of Universal on a first time 10 day visit with a 7 year old is a big ask. Also your daughter at 7 will get a lot out of Disney.
Remember with 10 nights by the time you get to the hotel first night it will probably be near 10pm U.K. time, so that’s a write off, and last day, you won’t be doing that much, so really you only have 9 full days.

Edited at 11:32 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by johnandmaz View Post
The 14 day ultimate ticket ("special offer" - same price as the 7 day - has this "offer" ever not been on?) is really decent value. Just a blanket go where you want, whenever you want for a fortnight within WDW. Don't get me wrong - still a fortune for a ticket.

In comparison, a 10 day magic your way with park hopper and water parks is £382. The same price as a 14 day ultimate.
The Disney 14 Day Ultimate is cheaper at the moment from floridaescapes.co.uk, £342 adult, £323 child, using code saveten.
Old 4 Feb 18, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Personally I think you can do Disney and Universal, but that's my opinion, ultimately the choice is yours.
Old 4 Feb 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Can you do both, yes of course but do you want to? 2 adults yes no problem, but with a 7 year old ? Hollywood studios will be the only one where I would guess you are not doing 10 miles or more a day. If you must do HP then possibly just Universal Studios - Diagon Alley, it's not that Hogwarts isn't good but Islands is geared towards Teenagers more - worth looking at ride heights.
On a 2 week stay you could do both easily but a couple of the Disney parks can be 2 dayers depending on crowds plus looking at your countdown MNSSHP will be on so some days MK will have reduced hours & likewise with Universal Studios & HHN.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone 😊.
I have a lot to think over. We were just going to do Disney this time. My husband wanted to do Universal and it's his big 40 this year. I thought getting universal tickets would be a good surprise from us.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List