Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Feb 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dogken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shani View Post
They did offer me alternatives, but I didn't want either of them so took the refund.

I also called them on a Sunday and was told to call back on the Monday (they actually told me it was the airlines themselves that were closed, but it's their own department that's closed on Sundays).

It did take quite some time and kept getting cut off after 18 minutes on the call, but once I got to speak to someone they did come back to me (and called me back after I was cut off) with alternatives.

From my limited experience though, changes will keep happening, and it's likely you will have to keep calling them every time. As I said, I got a text and email last night (around 2-3 am) telling me there was a change to a Boston flight - it seems it had changed from KLM flight number to Delta flight number - but I've been refunded for them!

Last year we booked through another 3rd party agent (Travelup) flying with KLM/Delta and we had 5/6 small changes through the year, every change was followed by a email from both KLM and Delta and that was fine, I just hope that every little change made to the flight this year doesn’t result in me having to phone Omega to stop them cancelling my flight.
Old 4 Feb 18, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
I tried to book flights with them yesterday but it kept declining and they said the fare that I'd found on Kayak was no longer available. They said to book on their website and the same flights were on there so I tried again but the same happened. I've also tried for similar flights with travel trolley and flysharp and I'm getting a bit fed up with them showing on Skyscanner and Kayak and not being available even when they show on the same sites for days with prices going up and down.
Finally managed to book through travel up. All shows on Iberia/BA so fingers crossed all is ok.
Old 4 Feb 18, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pudding
Very Serious Dibber

We booked through omega not for Florida but for Toronto this Friday (was supposed to be Saturday)they cancelled our flight (well BA did) and they didn't tell us we only found out 2 week ago when logging onto our BA account.Now we have to go a day early costing us an extra hotel and loosing our travelodge we booked.They said they sent an email but we received nothing plus we have to take my son out of school now which we never do

Pudding
pudding is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
marc7
Excited about Disney

how long does it take to get confirmation email with omega booked an hour ago and wanted to get my hotel n car booked but still waiting for the email
Poinciana villa 2019
marc7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyHoneymoon
Very Serious Dibber

DisneyHoneymoon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

It's been a while, but I booked through Omega a few years ago. It was a much cheaper price than with AA direct. Within minutes I got an email telling me, that my flights and price weren't confirmed until my tickets were issues. I was convinced it was too good to be true and was expecting a cancellation email, but about 30 minutes later I got a confirmation email with ticket numbers.
AA are terrible with schedule changes and it was while they were merging with US Airways, so I think I had even more, but AA sorted the tickets automatically for me, so I never had to contact omega.
I would always try to book with the airline directly, but if the price is right, then I would book through a 3rd party again.
October 2019 --- All Stars solo trip | April 2019 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2017 --- Disney's Port Orleans Riverside | 2016 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 2015 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2002 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 1998 --- Disney's (former) Dixie Landings
DisneyHoneymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post

I booked through Omega last October for our May flights - £280 each from Leeds to Orlando (2 stops of course). Thought it might be too good to be true but soon found our bookings on the BA website and the invoice showed that the taxes etc were actually more than the flight cost (which was a minus number!)

So when the first flight alteration notification came in I thought - well that's that then we'll have to cancel and rebook. But I managed to get through to them in the end and it was BA that had changed the Leeds-London flight time which had caused a problem. They soon changed us to another route - no charge.

Since then we've had another 4 schedule changes/rerouting/cancellation but each time they have sorted it for us (all because of airline schedule changes) The one annoying thing is that I gave them my landline number as a contact number and everytime they notify us then send a text to the landline number which wakes us up in the middle of the night.

It IS difficult to contact them (I suspect they are in China) but you have to keep trying and if you can get a name or an email contact it does help. Their prices can be so much better than booking direct.

Once in a panic I phone BA directly, explained the problem and they said that because I had booked with an agent they couldn't help me directly but as Omega were one of their 'travel partners' if the worst came to the worst and it was getting close to the date I was flying they would indeed be able to sort it out. This settled my anxiety!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
marc7
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by MrsSnuggles View Post
I booked through Omega last October for our May flights - £280 each from Leeds to Orlando (2 stops of course). Thought it might be too good to be true but soon found our bookings on the BA website and the invoice showed that the taxes etc were actually more than the flight cost (which was a minus number!)

So when the first flight alteration notification came in I thought - well that's that then we'll have to cancel and rebook. But I managed to get through to them in the end and it was BA that had changed the Leeds-London flight time which had caused a problem. They soon changed us to another route - no charge.

Since then we've had another 4 schedule changes/rerouting/cancellation but each time they have sorted it for us (all because of airline schedule changes) The one annoying thing is that I gave them my landline number as a contact number and everytime they notify us then send a text to the landline number which wakes us up in the middle of the night.

It IS difficult to contact them (I suspect they are in China) but you have to keep trying and if you can get a name or an email contact it does help. Their prices can be so much better than booking direct.

Once in a panic I phone BA directly, explained the problem and they said that because I had booked with an agent they couldn't help me directly but as Omega were one of their 'travel partners' if the worst came to the worst and it was getting close to the date I was flying they would indeed be able to sort it out. This settled my anxiety!
Originally Posted by DisneyHoneymoon View Post
It's been a while, but I booked through Omega a few years ago. It was a much cheaper price than with AA direct. Within minutes I got an email telling me, that my flights and price weren't confirmed until my tickets were issues. I was convinced it was too good to be true and was expecting a cancellation email, but about 30 minutes later I got a confirmation email with ticket numbers.
AA are terrible with schedule changes and it was while they were merging with US Airways, so I think I had even more, but AA sorted the tickets automatically for me, so I never had to contact omega.
I would always try to book with the airline directly, but if the price is right, then I would book through a 3rd party again.
thanks for reply guys
yh i got the email saying flights and prices not confirmed until u receive ur confirmation email was very doubtful cos of price that it wud come especially after 4 hours later bed time n still no email woke at 4 for work still nothing but 7.20am the lovely email arrived was very relieved
paid £395 man-mco direct with virgin happy days
Poinciana villa 2019

Edited at 02:24 PM.
marc7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List