Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Feb 17, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
loubieloo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lisad View Post
Aha! Glad you got a good price for your flights. Please let us know what you end up doing... hopefully CBR will 'magic' a few extra nights for you!

So, in theory if you had overbooked a few nights at either side of your trip (to guarantee they wouldn't sell out), you could have then just reduced your booking and paid the admin fee? Does anyone see a flaw in my plan? Obviously, other than not being able to get flights at all, or the price going up!
I think I would under book! Only book 7-10 nights in the middle of my dates, that way you have some leeway with flights. That way you could have a few nights at universal or a week in a villa or at the beach.
Old 21 Feb 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

We're going in June and I'm absolutely holding out till April. I've never waited this long, but every single year the deals at the end of April are fantastic so I'm white knuckling it.

I'll probably cave 😂😂
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Copper
Getting Excited

we went mid June last year and booked with thomson on 13th May so just 3 weeks from booking to going!
It was 2 ad and 3 ch from manchester-sanford direct for £1300 that was 14nts inc Ramada on I drive

This year we cannot go until end of June/start July and I have nothing yet
Copper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

At that price book straight away if your ok with the dates
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Copper View Post
we went mid June last year and booked with thomson on 13th May so just 3 weeks from booking to going!
It was 2 ad and 3 ch from manchester-sanford direct for £1300 that was 14nts inc Ramada on I drive

Last year there was very very cheap prices for the week beginning 3rd July from Glasgow, Edinburgh and Manchester.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Aha! Glad you got a good price for your flights. Please let us know what you end up doing... hopefully CBR will 'magic' a few extra nights for you!

So, in theory if you had overbooked a few nights at either side of your trip (to guarantee they wouldn't sell out), you could have then just reduced your booking and paid the admin fee? Does anyone see a flaw in my plan? Obviously, other than not being able to get flights at all, or the price going up!
that sounds like a plan

if the prices back on the 15th had been the same as 11th (£149 per adult) I would have booked the 18 days and kept Disney at 14 days and booked somewhere cheap for first 4 days.

Flight prices for july next year TC Man to MCO are sub £500 atm.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Copper View Post

I remember that deal - that was scary good

if you could guarantee that every year, that's as cheap as a last minute Spanish hol.

TC were cheapest 50 days before we travelled. they are only cheap now from Manchester so giving that a whirl.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I would love to have the nerve to book last minute but I just can't do it and for next year we are now tied to school holidays, damm children
I've booked TC for April, £379 couldn't argue with that just need free dining to happen now please
With regards to under/over booking. Somebody mentioned a while back that you could over book your dates but only book for one adult. Then when you have flight sorted you can add everybody else on which will increase the value (even if you reduce dates) and avoid any admin fee and availability issues. Also means on £50 deposit
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are going to hold out til after Easter to see if cheap flights become available
If they do we go if they don't we won't
🤠
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
m3gt2
Excited about Disney

Mobile

That's how I booked Disney last year for this summer, booked the maximum 3 weeks hoping for 2 weeks plus when I could get good flight prices. As it happened I managed to get the BA flydrive glitch for the exact dates so we are doing 3 weeks ☺️
m3gt2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List