Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Feb 17, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Onsite prices 2018

Hello,

I would like to return to WDW in August 2018 (last visited in October 2014) and would like to stay onsite with hopefully free DDP. I am trying to get a rough idea of the prices by looking at the rack rate prices for Aug 2018 on the WDW site for the different hotels and adding on the park tickets (assuming that the free DDP will be coming out in April).

The prices are coming out hugely more expensive than I paid before, practically double the cost. I appreciate that prices have gone up with inflation, poor exchange rate etc... but didn't expect such a big hike. For example, two weeks at YC for end of August is coming out at £7371 and even AKL is £6139. This is for 3 adults as our daughter will be 13 and of course classed as an adult and in a standard room. Last time we stayed at the Contemporary having been upgraded from WL.

Could someone please let me know if I'm calculating this correctly? This trip will be for my 50th birthday and having been spoilt before with a deluxe hotel, I'd ideally like to stay in one again. I looked at POR and with upgrading the QSDP to DDP that was coming out at £5873. Eating out at the lovely restaurants is important to us so didn't really want just the QSDP. If these are going to be the prices though, we won't be able to afford the holiday with the increased airfares as well and so will have to rethink our plans.

Thanks very much.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We booked in April when the free dining was released. We go Sept 29th - Oct 13th
2 Adults staying in OKW with DDP and 14 day ultimates in a studio room £3,322.00
If you were going this year it would be circa £300 more for your daughters ticket.

Hope this helps
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds about right I'm afraid. The price increase from this year just to next is huge, especially for the deluxes. I think for the Beach Club it has gone up £1500/£2000 since we went last year. They might drop slightly if free dining comes, but it's usually only about five percent.
Old 20 Feb 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

Going off ticket price increases and rack rates, next year is going to be a real shock to everybody's wallets. You should probably price up renting DVC points if are really keen on deluxe and then paying out of pocket for meals.
Old 20 Feb 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for your replies.

I have no idea about DVC. I'll have a look on the forum.
Old 20 Feb 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

Originally Posted by Janey2 View Post
Thank you for your replies.

I have no idea about DVC. I'll have a look on the forum.
There are a couple of explanations of how it all works well in there.
Old 23 Feb 17, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dotty
Excited about Disney

I booked or rather reserved OKW in April when Disney dining launched for £5500 for 4 adults and 1 child for 16 nights in October, it was the same price for August though when I was looking, making it £300 dearer than 2014 when I last went