Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Feb 17, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Virgin Check-in Advice

Hi,

We're a group of 15, 11 adults, 2 children and 2 babies. Flying out of Gatwick on 13th May with Virgin, economy seats booked via an agent. We have 13 actual seats in total, babies will be passed around on laps (should be fun).

So my question is, we've been told it's £50 per person to do advanced seat allocation, which all adds up! Do people generally pay to book their seats, or will we be ok if we get online as soon as check in opens to reserve our seats together being such a large party?

I'm assuming Virgin do online check in a few days beforehand, anyone know when this opens up?

Thanks in advance :-)

Edited at 08:19 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Are you members of Virgin Flying Club? If not join now - you will get free allocation of your seats at 72 hours pre-flight!
Old 22 Feb 17, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

thanks! I'll check this out, we've been split over 2 bookings, I'm not the lead passenger on either... assume the lead needs to be a member?
Old 22 Feb 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BassLAD View Post
thanks! I'll check this out, we've been split over 2 bookings, I'm not the lead passenger on either... assume the lead needs to be a member?
I'm not 100% sure but I think everyone needs to register as a member for you to all be able to book 72 hours before... Someone will come along with the proper info soon
jojo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by jojo82 View Post
I'm not 100% sure but I think everyone needs to register as a member for you to all be able to book 72 hours before... Someone will come along with the proper info soon
Thank you, I'll wait for the experts 😊
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
1tedc
Proud to wear my Ears

Evrey one needs to be flying club members to book seats at 24hrs including children all the information is on the flying club website
1tedc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by 1tedc View Post
Evrey one needs to be flying club members to book seats at 24hrs including children all the information is on the flying club website
Ok, so I've now become a member and it says I get to check in 72 hours before.

Could someone explain how it works in theory, if we all have to have memberships, how do we make sure we're all linked to the same booking to ensure one person can check in and perform the reservation in one go? Do we check in via the flying club website? I see on my account I have to enter the booking reference, assume we all have to do that once we all have memberships set up?
Old 22 Feb 17, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by BassLAD View Post
Ok, so I've now become a member and it says I get to check in 72 hours before.

Could someone explain how it works in theory, if we all have to have memberships, how do we make sure we're all linked to the same booking to ensure one person can check in and perform the reservation in one go? Do we check in via the flying club website? I see on my account I have to enter the booking reference, assume we all have to do that once we all have memberships set up?
In short, yes. On each booking the name of every passenger will be listed. Enter all their details, including FC number and then everyone will be able to allocate seats for free T-72 hours and check in T-24 hours.

HTH
Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks everyone much appreciated
Old 23 Feb 17, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Are you members of Virgin Flying Club? If not join now - you will get free allocation of your seats at 72 hours pre-flight!
We are members of Flying club and never pay for seat booking. It works well for us