Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 26 Apr 17, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by speedygonzales View Post
I know, I know, but somebody is, Mondeo Vignale's are around £30K for a base model!
My flippant point being but poorly put, it shouldn't matter the value of the car, it should be looked after by those you trust to look after it as if it were a Bugatti Veyron!
One of those went past me the other day albeit I was doing 70!
Very nice but never worth that price. Come trade in time and it will be the usual nonsense they all come out with. Ahh nobody is buying these now etc.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

No it's not you necessarily you get what you pay for. We stay in a reasonably priced B and B ( beautiful old house) and leave our car in the garden/ car park.
It is secure and safe and never moves. (I too have a dash cam).

Edited at 08:08 PM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I couldn't disagree more (apart from your b&b as I have no experience of that) a quick google shows that most official and approved car parks prices are within about 10-15% of each other yet there are operators who charge 50% less and when you look into them have less than 1/10 trustpilot ratings.

If consumers do their own due diligence rather than looking out for the too good to be true offers these cowboys would have no market to operate
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by bernard301 View Post
I couldn't disagree more (apart from your b&b as I have no experience of that) a quick google shows that most official and approved car parks prices are within about 10-15% of each other yet there are operators who charge 50% less and when you look into them have less than 1/10 trustpilot ratings.

If consumers do their own due diligence rather than looking out for the too good to be true offers these cowboys would have no market to operate
Good post. No such thing as a free lunch!
I have used the same Company for 8 years three or four times per annum. Excellent.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by speedygonzales View Post
I know, I know, but somebody is, Mondeo Vignale's are around £30K for a base model!
My flippant point being but poorly put, it shouldn't matter the value of the car, it should be looked after by those you trust to look after it as if it were a Bugatti Veyron!
I love my mondeo!

Wouldn't pay list though proud recipient of the ford privilege discount! Once that's gone we're off to BMW or merc

In terms of parking, we don't leave our keys, always self park usually booked as park and stay premier inn. Watch out for the north terminal changes though, self park is only certain months. We used it in February but have booked Manor Royal for the south terminal self parking for May. Happy coincidence that in Feb we flew from north and in May we're from south, but the journey between the two isn't any hassle.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Incarniac
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1

This. Hit the nail on the head.

I usually (as long as I remember in all the excitement) take a photo of the dash with the mileage displayed just before dropping the car if they keep the keys in case there is anything dodgy going on. Never had any problems though, either at Gatwick's South Terminal Valet which we now normally use or other ones we've used in the past (including North Terminal summer special where you need to leave the keys).
Incarniac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kate
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It's the same with anything though. You get what you pay for. If you pay sensible money for a service you will get decent service. If you pay for the cheapest product without conducting any due diligence you will end up coming out worse off!
Didn't it say in the article though that people had paid £150 a week for the parking. I have never seen a meet and greet for this much! You would think you were getting a great service for this amount if money.
I have just paid £75 for 2 weeks and that's way more than i have ever paid before!
Old 26 Apr 17, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I love my mondeo!

Wouldn't pay list though proud recipient of the ford privilege discount! Once that's gone we're off to BMW or merc
Nothing wrong with Ford! I have a grand Cmax 7 seater, loads of bells and whistles and best of all sliding doors at the back. Easy to bung the shopping in and great for the grandchildren. Especially as you can remove middle back seat so granddaughters can put their bags there and keep their distance from each other.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Didn't it say in the article though that people had paid £150 a week for the parking. I have never seen a meet and greet for this much! You would think you were getting a great service for this amount if money.
I have just paid £75 for 2 weeks and that's way more than i have ever paid before!
there is no mention of the prices or durations for those affected however the offical meet and great rpices at Heathrow for next Easter are coming up as about £175 for 2 weeks.
This however is irrelevant. Like everything, the overriding factor here is buyer beware, just like many of the villa scams. People will google something and see a cheap price for a service and without making any checks will book it and expect the same service as they would for something costing 100% more.
One analogy for this would be if you were sat in your local pub and a bloke comes round with a holdall full of waitrose ribeye steak and offers you 3 steaks for a fiver. Would alarm bells not start to ring about where those steaks came from? The same should apply to procuring a service on the internet .

edit: My bad, the article does refer to people paying up to £150 for parking over easter, but not the exact durations, but I digress

Edited at 10:31 PM.
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have used Birmingham meet and greet a couple of times with no problems at all. It usually costs £100 for 2 weeks

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List